NORMA 204 Equivalent? please help

charlieB12345

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hey all i have Developed an amazing round using norma 204 But for the last 3 years, haven't been able to find any powder. Anyone have any experience. What's an equivalent powder to 204?

Difficult because it is a double base powder produced by Bofors in Sweden. The equivalent is almost the R904 from Rottweil, which comes from the same manufacturer, but is probably difficult to obtain from you. Some Reloder powders from Alliant are very comparable to Norma powder, although there are hardly any equivalents to Norma 204 except perhaps Reloder 17, but I have no experience with this powder. RS60 from Reload Swiss could also possibly come into question but very different as far pressure is considered. In this case you can ask Reload Swiss for loading data. They are very ready to help.

Look at the equivalent table from Norma, but single base powders IMR from Dupont or from Hodgdon are out of the question.

Last edited:
I would look for some load with IMR 4350
In my 8x68S both are good
Sure they're not interchangeable, but probably usable for the same class of cartridges

I have loaded some cartridges with R904 and achieved similar results by loading the same cartridges with powder such as the IMR 4350 or the almost equivalent Tubal 7000 from Vectan. They are single base powders, not comparable to the Norma 204 but maybe an alternativ.

I have loaded some cartridges with R904 and achieved similar results by loading the same cartridges with powder such as the IMR 4350 or the almost equivalent Tubal 7000 from Vectan. They are single base powders, not comparable to the Norma 204 but maybe an alternativ.
Yes, it's what I mean, IMR 4350 could be a valid alternative

H4350.
Drop down a grain or two and slowly work up again.

Here is some information from a past discussion on this forum. I haven’t had reason to test the info, so reader be warned.
IMG_0400.jpeg

@charlieB12345
Good info there from Firebird.
Also, in burn rate comparison charts, Staball 6.5, which is also double based, sits very close to Norma 204. Currently I use Staball 6.5 in a favourite 375 H&H load and I have read of other getting good results in other calibres. Staball 6.5 seems reasonably available so maybe worth trying ... ??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forestryguy

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles