www.tokoloshesafaris.info
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International, Life Members Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
I am interested in purchasing a nightforce NX8 parallex is factory set at 125m, I would like to have it factory set at about 80m.

Does anyone know if Nightforce will do this and length of time for delvery. Time is important.

Lon

I should have added does any know the best QR rings and bases. Sorry, this will be going on a Heym Martini Mauser in .404 J..

Lin

I am interested in purchasing a nightforce NX8 parallex is factory set at 125m, I would like to have it factory set at about 80m.

Does anyone know if Nightforce will do this and length of time for delvery. Time is important.

Lon
Hello Lon,

Hey since you are a good guy I called Nightforce customer service for you.
1. NX8 riflescope parallex is indeed factory set at 125m
2. NX8 parallex is NOT adjustable by factory.

I have an NX8 and while you have your reason for asking this question...
A. This is first focal plane scope, F1. The reticle crosshairs and dot increase in thickness as the magnification increases.
B. Because of it being an F1 scope, they are not great target scopes.
C. While not the best for benchrest accuracy due to very thick crosshairs and dot at 8x, they are a great tactical or dangerous "in your face" bad guy/critter optic!
D. For big, angry, in your face critters, I don't think the difference in parallex will matter much. Even with a parallex difference because of hasty rifle mounting in dangerous situations, the accuracy (crosshairs to point of impact) will probably be as good as most double rifles!

The above stated, my NX8 turret caps (model C601 NX8 - 1-8x24mm F1 - FC-MOA - .5 MOA - Capped Elevation) are larger and the overwidth of the turrets is wider than my Nightforce NX 1-4x scopes, and Leupold 1-6x. The width requires the scope be mounted higher for the bolt handle with fingers or palm operating it to clear.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebraMoen

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa