Newbie from San Antonio

Their is DSC South Texas that is a very active chapter. Their is also Alamo SCI, not as active as the DSC chapter. You can find a wealth of info by attending those chapter events. Their is a lot of knowledge here too.

Not sure where in SA or greater SA you live, but their is also a SCI Hill County chapter in Kerrville and they are trying to start an DSC chapter there too.
 
Welcome to AH
 
Hi everyone, just posted my first reply in the Defense of Vintage Guns thread, so I thought I’d introduce myself here too. Haven’t been to Africa yet, but it’s the goal. A lot of hunters from South Texas have been to Namibia, so that’s probably where I’d start too.

I’m an adult-onset hunter but I’m severely hooked, and have hunted everything from doves, quail and pheasant up through coyotes, hogs and javelinas to whitetail, axis and black bear. I prefer spot-and-stalk on public land, but there isn’t much of it here in Texas.

Thanks for this great forum — I love hearing hunting stories.
Welcome and you will love Namibia,
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome, I am a fellow San Antonian! Are you familiar with the Dallas Safari Club South Texas Chapter! It is based out of SA and has a strong following. Hope to run across you one day, I always like to talk hunting.
 
Welcome Trail Rated! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.
 
Welcome and please contribute.
 
Welcome to AH and the posting side Trail Rated! Have fun planning!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,083
Members
169,491
Latest member
citydancecorpsyouth
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top