New to me .450 Rigby

Indeed a RITTERBUSCH. So odd that phones put RITTERBUSCH in all caps. :-). You educated me on the Ritterbusch takedown actions. I think all of his non-take down bolt action rifles are on his own action. It is the slickest “mauser” action I have ever handled. Truly a work of art. I particularly love the leather covered pad. :-).
im on my laptop . look at the bottom metal its pure Concari these rifles are leaps and bounds over new Rigbys not as much the best quality Rigbys but the run of the mill 20k and under models thats coming from a rabid Rigby collector
 
im on my laptop . look at the bottom metal its pure Concari these rifles are leaps and bounds over new Rigbys not as much the best quality Rigbys but the run of the mill 20k and under models thats coming from a rabid Rigby collector
Yes sir. This is one of the nicest rifles I own. One of my German friends told me this rifle was 25K+ euro in 2012 when commissioned.
 
Well done @RR 314, can’t wait to see it in person. Stunning pretty much sums it up, as it looks every bit as functional as it is a work of art - that one is an heirloom for sure!!!
 
Drop box . . .

Oh, and the 3-pos safety on the left side is pure genius. I was somewhat skeptical as it seems backwards upon first consideration. It truly is natural when shouldering a right hand rifle to utilize your thumb on the safety.
Congratulations @RR314 ! I had seen this one on the holt's auction as well, and was also skeptical of the non-traditional left hand safety.

I'd love to try one out, to understand how the left handed safety feels.

by the way, the Z6i is still a top notch scope, I would not necessarily change it.
 
Last edited:
Congratulations @RR314 ! I had seen this one on the holt's auction as well, and was also skeptical of the non-traditional left hand safety.

I'd love to try one out, to understand how the left handed safety feels.

by the way, the Z6i is still a top notch scope, I would not necessarily change it.
I have the rifle in my office and about four or five times a day have been picking it up, shouldering it quickly, and preparing to fire. It is so natural that I now fear I may flub a traditional safety. :-). Uniformity makes the most sense, so I may just have to offload my model 70 style right sided safeties. Haaa
 
Yes sir. This is one of the nicest rifles I own. One of my German friends told me this rifle was 25K+ euro in 2012 when commissioned.
on the invoice perhaps. with the remainder in cash
 
I have the rifle in my office and about four or five times a day have been picking it up, shouldering it quickly, and preparing to fire. It is so natural that I now fear I may flub a traditional safety. :-). Uniformity makes the most sense, so I may just have to offload my model 70 style right sided safeties. Haaa
I love getting my hands on such works of art. Just keeping one close to my desk, so I can 'shoot' light switches, small statues, and other things with it :)

Ritterbush is one of the top German makers.
 
Someone asked for a picture with the scope mounted. Here are a couple.

The only thing I wish was different is that it is a bit odd the crossbolts do not match. This is how all of his rifles are done.

IMG_9135.jpeg
IMG_9134.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What a beauty. Even the rear sight area is wonderfully engraved.

Any clue what the forend tip was made from?
 
What a beauty. Even the rear sight area is wonderfully engraved.

Any clue what the forend tip was made from?
It is buffalo horn and front sight is almost certainly ivory. Detail on this rifle is truly amazing. I notice something new detail almost every time I handle it.

IMG_9171.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@krish here you go. The pictures are disbursed throughout the first two pages.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,252
Messages
1,570,742
Members
169,139
Latest member
MaurineLow
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top