New to me .450 Rigby

Indeed a RITTERBUSCH. So odd that phones put RITTERBUSCH in all caps. :-). You educated me on the Ritterbusch takedown actions. I think all of his non-take down bolt action rifles are on his own action. It is the slickest “mauser” action I have ever handled. Truly a work of art. I particularly love the leather covered pad. :-).
im on my laptop . look at the bottom metal its pure Concari these rifles are leaps and bounds over new Rigbys not as much the best quality Rigbys but the run of the mill 20k and under models thats coming from a rabid Rigby collector

im on my laptop . look at the bottom metal its pure Concari these rifles are leaps and bounds over new Rigbys not as much the best quality Rigbys but the run of the mill 20k and under models thats coming from a rabid Rigby collector
Yes sir. This is one of the nicest rifles I own. One of my German friends told me this rifle was 25K+ euro in 2012 when commissioned.

Well done @RR 314, can’t wait to see it in person. Stunning pretty much sums it up, as it looks every bit as functional as it is a work of art - that one is an heirloom for sure!!!

Well done @RR 314, can’t wait to see it in person. Stunning pretty much sums it up, as it looks every bit as functional as it is a work of art - that one is an heirloom for sure!!!
Have a great rest of your trip and safe passage. The .450 is all it was represented to be!

Drop box . . .

Oh, and the 3-pos safety on the left side is pure genius. I was somewhat skeptical as it seems backwards upon first consideration. It truly is natural when shouldering a right hand rifle to utilize your thumb on the safety.
Congratulations @RR314 ! I had seen this one on the holt's auction as well, and was also skeptical of the non-traditional left hand safety.

I'd love to try one out, to understand how the left handed safety feels.

by the way, the Z6i is still a top notch scope, I would not necessarily change it.

Last edited:
Congratulations @RR314 ! I had seen this one on the holt's auction as well, and was also skeptical of the non-traditional left hand safety.

I'd love to try one out, to understand how the left handed safety feels.

by the way, the Z6i is still a top notch scope, I would not necessarily change it.
I have the rifle in my office and about four or five times a day have been picking it up, shouldering it quickly, and preparing to fire. It is so natural that I now fear I may flub a traditional safety. :-). Uniformity makes the most sense, so I may just have to offload my model 70 style right sided safeties. Haaa

Yes sir. This is one of the nicest rifles I own. One of my German friends told me this rifle was 25K+ euro in 2012 when commissioned.
on the invoice perhaps. with the remainder in cash

I have the rifle in my office and about four or five times a day have been picking it up, shouldering it quickly, and preparing to fire. It is so natural that I now fear I may flub a traditional safety. :-). Uniformity makes the most sense, so I may just have to offload my model 70 style right sided safeties. Haaa
I love getting my hands on such works of art. Just keeping one close to my desk, so I can 'shoot' light switches, small statues, and other things with it :)

Ritterbush is one of the top German makers.

Someone asked for a picture with the scope mounted. Here are a couple.

The only thing I wish was different is that it is a bit odd the crossbolts do not match. This is how all of his rifles are done.

Attachments

• IMG_9135.jpeg
    IMG_9135.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9134.jpeg
    IMG_9134.jpeg
    271.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chant432

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.