NEW STUDY CLAIMS DEER HUNTING LEADS TO GUN VIOLENCE???

I agree.
What’s mind boggling and concerning is the fact that this was a peer reviewed report headed by a Princeton professor and then reported on by two outlets (Forbes and US News&World Report) that supposedly reach 190 million viewers monthly (per: Google).
Actually, it isn't that surprising. Look at the "intellectuals" that dominate the universities now. The people conducting these studies are undoubtedly vegan, members of PETA, that are having gender identity issues.

It is very common that a study is done to confirm a bias. It is a cliche that Americans love guns and gun violence. Now it is hunters that are specifically targeted. There is an obvious under-pinning for this argument. The older generations have not recruited new hunters at a high enough rate. Therefore, hunters, trappers, and fishermen are starting to come under political fire. We all understand the ridiculousness of the OP article takeaway. This is a symptom of a much larger bifurcation between a large, older voting base and the “new mentality” toward hunting. Politicians will take the benefits from lobbyists, and change the political climate to make an argument against hunters. There has been a consistent test for lobbyist and left-leaning politicians. My fear is that there is not enough new outdoorsmen that have been recruited for a variety of reasons. Either a new outdoors enthusiast did not develop a love of the activity, nobody passed down the passion, or nobody wanted to share their hunting ground.

The problem will likely continue to grow.

Unfortunately, "science" hardly exists anymore.

When I was young and working my way through research in the higher education system, the "scientific method" meant that you:

1. Created a hypothesis.
2. Came up with research projects designed to DISPROVE your hypothesis.
3. Did the research
4. Analyzed the data, or better yet, had someone or a group of people who had nothing to gain from your project, analyze the data using unbiased statistical analysis.

Sometimes:

- your research provided evidence that your hypothesis was incorrect. (my case)
- your project provided evidence that your hypothesis may not be incorrect.

If enough research is done by professionals designed to DISPROVE a hypotheses and is reviewed by the researcher's peers, then, one day, that hypothesis just might become a "theory."

I don't know that anything has even made it to the "theory" stage since Einstein died.

I do know that the media nearly always reports the results of "studies" as cause and effect.

I'm pretty sure that "gun violence" is much more common in urban areas with no deer hunters, rather than rural enclaves of deer hunters.

This is almost as stupid as saying that households with firearms are more likely to have someone injured with firearms that households without firearms, duh......

Last edited:
…and to piggy back on mdwest’s reference to Chicago, I know quite a few violent lads from the streets of Chicago and I can safely say that deer hunting was not a catalyst to their violent behavior!
Also, I suggest to all that they check out the forum that he referenced, heyjackass.com
It is a very neat look into violence in the big city.

That's it, we are cancelling deer hunting in Chicago, it's causing too much gun violence.
Yup. We just gotta keep them urbanites out of the woods with guns. They just ain't safe.

I think all these various studies, polls and white papers are better served under the On a Lighter Note Thread. Good for a Laugh!

Hmm....wonder if our government gave a $250,000.00 grant to do this study?

You know like giving some guy $25,000.00 to do a comprehensive study why people burn their mouths when eating pizza. After receiving the grant money he ordered a pizza, took a bite. His study found out people burn their mouth eating pizza, while the cheese is still hot.

Hmm....wonder if our government gave a $250,000.00 grant to do this study?

You know like giving some guy $25,000.00 to do a comprehensive study why people burn their mouths when eating pizza. After receiving the grant money he ordered a pizza, took a bite. His study found out people burn their mouth eating pizza, while the cheese is still hot.
He found out how to get a funded lifetime supply of Pizza

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QOZShanel4

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa