New Qatar Weapons Requirements!

Going through IAH.

We both have Global Entry, not terribly concerned about getting through security.

I just logged onto my QA account and did an online help chat. The guy says all the paperwork is handled at check-in now. Given the hit-or-miss of competency/knowledge, recommendation is to arrive at check-in at least 3 hours before scheduled departure. Out of an abundance of caution, we'll be at check-in 4 hours before scheduled departure.

If your going through DFW that still may not be enough time; seriously I got there 4 hours early and after check in and security I walked up to the gate as boarding began.

If I would have stopped for dinner on the way to the airport I would have missed the flight.
Ya it’s absurd. So many families from the east and they all pack massive oversized luggage and massive bags. Then they all get flagged for over sized/weight and then scramble to take stuff out and switch bags and try and make it work. Groups/families of 8 plus. It’s a zoo

It was a nightmare. None of them are prepared and it’s frustrating standing there with all your documents and your proper sized luggage and you have to wait for idiots.

Ya it’s absurd. So many families from the east and they all pack massive oversized luggage and massive bags. Then they all get flagged for over sized/weight and then scramble to take stuff out and switch bags and try and make it work. Groups/families of 8 plus. It’s a zoo

It was a nightmare. None of them are prepared and it’s frustrating standing there with all your documents and your proper sized luggage and you have to wait for idiots.
Inconsiderate assholes are everywhere.

I don't generally give 2 figs about people's feelings, but I always do what I can to not make a nuisance or inconvenience of myself.

I just logged onto my QA account and did an online help chat. The guy says all the paperwork is handled at check-in now. Given the hit-or-miss of competency/knowledge, recommendation is to arrive at check-in at least 3 hours before scheduled departure. Out of an abundance of caution, we'll be at check-in 4 hours before scheduled departure.
Most of the time you can't check in 4 hours before with Qatar.
Their check in counters open only 3 hours before the flight.
However don't worry you'll be fine...

Inconsiderate assholes are everywhere.

I don't generally give 2 figs about people's feelings, but I always do what I can to not make a nuisance or inconvenience of myself.
Agreed on the assholes, there was a massive collection of them with their ENTIRE family at DFW and each person had a bag the size of a studio apartment. It took over 3 hours just to check in.

As for the global entry, I have TSA precheck and it did me absolutely no good.

The most efficient airport for TSA screening I've been through is actually Hobby, down on the south side of Houston.

The TSA precheck/Global Entry line at IAH usually runs pretty fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdeyoung

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe