New m70 crf

I think the new ones are better.

What exact model is being discussed here? I see a lot of names being flung around interchangeably it seems, Classic, FN, Portugal made, CRF.
I admit I dont really keep up with the new stuff coming out all the time. I have owned several pre 64 original rifles, we still have my dads here as well.
I currently own only one CRF rifle, a Portygee made Alaskan in .338 mag, and I rank it as a top shelf rifle. Accurate, smooth, dependable, nice trigger, good stock style, and adequate weight.
Maybe the smoothest operating CRF rifle I have owned.

What exact model is being discussed here? I see a lot of names being flung around interchangeably it seems, Classic, FN, Portugal made, CRF.
I admit I dont really keep up with the new stuff coming out all the time. I have owned several pre 64 original rifles, we still have my dads here as well.
I currently own only one CRF rifle, a Portygee made Alaskan in .338 mag, and I rank it as a top shelf rifle. Accurate, smooth, dependable, nice trigger, good stock style, and adequate weight.
Maybe the smoothest operating CRF rifle I have owned.
I was mainly focused on pre64 and the new off the shelf actions. I am seriously considering a new m70 (current production) safari in 375

Agreed, I bought one of the new ones in .375 H&H for my trip to SA in May of this year. It was my only rifle for PG and even a Cape Buffalo and it performed great! The only complaint on mine is the safety is still a little stiff, but its breaking in. Accurate, smooth cycling and the balance and weight were just right for me.

I was mainly focused on pre64 and the new off the shelf actions. I am seriously considering a new m70 (current production) safari in 375
I got lost with all the various names. You wont likely go wrong with the Alaskan in .375 mag.

I pulled my .338 Alaskan out of the safe today and man I forgot how smooth it is, probably the smoothest bolt action I own. Great trigger too.

I have only owned one Winchester model 70 and it was a pre 64 in 243. Made my all time best ( some say luckiest) shot taking a woodchuck off hand at a paced off 406 yards. As mentioned above it had the best trigger of any rifle I have ever shot. My problem with it and most American made rifles is the stocks lop is too short. I typically add recoil pads just to get LOP to fit me better. Since I have started acquiring European made rifles (Man nlicher Schoenauer, Mauser, CZ ) I have found the fit and balance just fit me better. The feature on model 70's that I found stands out is the 3 position swing style safety.
@MS 9x56
Mate that's almost a Quigley shot and with a useless 243 at that.
Now if it was the wild cat 25 Nieder (now the 25-06) that would have done the same to 700yds.
I hope you kept it and rebarreled it to 257 Roberts or 358.
Bob
HA HA HA HA HA HA

I got lost with all the various names. You wont likely go wrong with the Alaskan in .375 mag.

I pulled my .338 Alaskan out of the safe today and man I forgot how smooth it is, probably the smoothest bolt action I own. Great trigger too.
@sestoppelman
Makes me want to go to the safe and pull out my centre feed Savage Whelen. Smooth as a baby's arse but push feed.
Bob

@sestoppelman
Makes me want to go to the safe and pull out my centre feed Savage Whelen. Smooth as a baby's arse but push feed.
Bob
Just had my .338 out to look over and had forgotten something about it, an improvement I think.

Dont know when they started doing this but the floorplate housing and trigger guard is all one piece and they omitted the middle screw which could be problematic at times.

My M70 Safari Classic .375 H&H from New Haven had the same one piece bottom metal. Replaced with a Sunnyhill piece to get 4 down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allenprese

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]