New Lipseys M77 .35 Whelen

Well finally its home! More than two weeks. They called Friday night and said pick yesterday, got there and power was out due to a 3 day windstorm, so the shop was closed. Manager came out and we talked for a minute and then it went south from there, because I asked why no phone call or anything, and being a nearly hour round trip to the shop sort of torqued me off too, he got mad, called me a jerk, not much argument there, and then told me to find another FFL for future transfers, well Okay then.
There is another shop I deal with about a mile closer so thats where I go from now on I guess.

Anyway I went over today after verifying they were open and picked it up, being Sunday the manager was off so no more sparks to be ignited!
Rifle looks good, I wasted no time putting a good old Redfield scope on it. Why? Because I like old Redfield's, good scopes.

Butt stock has a tiny bit of less than straight 2x6 type figure on one side at least, the other plain as most I have seen. Hope to get it shooting this week.
View attachment 641591
View attachment 641592
Yea Scott on one hand they should have called you. On the other, I have not found too many grumpy gun shop owners that organized;) The exception would be @Mark Biggerstaff.

Except he's not grumpy ;)

Glad you got your gun though!

Gina got hers some time ago when we made our first trip over to El Campo, TX and R & M Firearms.

Our second one is in so we have hers and ours! Just need to get back over to pick it up and see what else Mark has of interest:)

Last edited:
Well finally its home! More than two weeks. They called Friday night and said pick yesterday, got there and power was out due to a 3 day windstorm, so the shop was closed. Manager came out and we talked for a minute and then it went south from there, because I asked why no phone call or anything, and being a nearly hour round trip to the shop sort of torqued me off too, he got mad, called me a jerk, not much argument there, and then told me to find another FFL for future transfers, well Okay then.
There is another shop I deal with about a mile closer so thats where I go from now on I guess.

Anyway I went over today after verifying they were open and picked it up, being Sunday the manager was off so no more sparks to be ignited!
Rifle looks good, I wasted no time putting a good old Redfield scope on it. Why? Because I like old Redfield's, good scopes.

Butt stock has a tiny bit of less than straight 2x6 type figure on one side at least, the other plain as most I have seen. Hope to get it shooting this week.
View attachment 641591
View attachment 641592
@sestoppelman
Now all you need us some Cfe223, be brave and load up some full power loads and go have fun.
Bob

Oh I have some, have shot it my No.1 Whelen, shoots fine in that one. The No.1 has a nice thick aftermarket pad on it and is much more civilized than I suspect this 77 will be with "Nelson" loads!

Oh I have some, have shot it my No.1 Whelen, shoots fine in that one. The No.1 has a nice thick aftermarket pad on it and is much more civilized than I suspect this 77 will be with "Nelson" loads!
@sestoppelman
Paul just put your big boy pants on and stoke it up with some 250s to 2,700.
I know you have shot bigger so it won't worry a man of your superior capabilities, stunning good looks and charm.
I know I'm full of shit but hey I've got to try and get you to try some REAL WHELEN Loads somehow.
Bob

@sestoppelman
Sorry Scott I accidentally called you Paul in my last post. I was having a senior moment due to a lack of caffeine
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loungesetland1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia