New Double Rifle Build

Which stock blank would you choose?

• Total voters
Thats still quite fast I believe, both my full custom guns a shotgun and a bolt action rifle has had delivery times of well above 10 months. The rifle is actually on 8 months now but still far from finished, its still at the stock makers and then its time for the engraver and finally back to the gun maker so I expect at least 10 months for the whole process.

Looking forward to see your double rifle when its stocked and finished:D
The dealer I bought through has had his last few Verney doubles delivered in around 9 months, fairly standard rifles though I believe. Start adding in extra custom work I think that would change delivery time fairly significantly.

Hopefully I get mine around Feb-March next year.

Well when you can get a response from our beloved Heym dealer it’s about 3 years…

HH

Really looking forward, not just to this, but everyone that's awaiting they're order in the works.

Yeah!

Well when you can get a response from our beloved Heym dealer it’s about 3 years…

HH
When I enquired, the Heym distributor in Australia seemed quite good to deal with and got back to me quite quickly with pricing etc but yeah the lead time really put me off. Also Heym wanted a 50% deposit with order, so Heym has 50% of the total payment for 3 years before I even see the rifle, that didn't sit well with me.

When I enquired, the Heym distributor in Australia seemed quite good to deal with and got back to me quite quickly with pricing etc but yeah the lead time really put me off. Also Heym wanted a 50% deposit with order, so Heym has 50% of the total payment for 3 years before I even see the rifle, that didn't sit well with me.
I also don't know how one could commit that long, personally..

Heym & (VC, more so) used to have builds not spoken for. SCI/DSC, distributer builds, displays ..

I believe possibly because of the economy in the US & Europe
(Not Good)

I hate to say what doesn’t get said out loud but the USA communication and respect to timelines with Heym has been wanting.

HH

I hate to say what doesn’t get said out loud but the USA communication and respect to timelines with Heym has been wanting.

HH
If they do read it, they should take the feedback onboard and adjust the way they do business accordingly. There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism.

Also something I forgot to mention, I believe VC has gone away from production bolt guns to focus more on custom builds in both rifles and shotguns.

Probably a big part of why double rifle build times are only around 9 months.

I also don't know how one could commit that long, personally..
If it was me I would search out a quality and trust worthy place like a Champlain to buy a used Heym then send them your stock fit and they will then have JJ Perideau do the work to customize it to you…3 months max…just me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WardDoak77

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.