New Double Rifle Build

Which stock blank would you choose?

• Total voters
Voted for the bottom option. It would of course be good to see the pieces of wood from both sides.

Don't really know, but isn't there a greater risk to discover voids and cracks in burl wood?

VC 577

dennis 577.jpg

this was an SCI Display .. it has those vertical lines in a horizontal grain?

1717892735617.png

@Aussie_Hunter : Opinions can cause more confusion.

Whichever you prefer is all that matters anyway, It will be beautiful!

I really like this rifle . Splinter fore end very traditional . Wood grain is straight through the pistol grip so a strong stock for a very big rifle .
A few more 577's
1717897123874.png

1717897238512.png

Regarding photo of 2 rifles is the upper one a sidelock or side plates ? A sidelock would be amazing - a sideplated heavy rifle no way . Too much wood removed . I do like VC double rifles . Even better the Australian distributor lives just up the road !
Side plates. "Eloge"
3rd from the top .. He's a great person to network with, I would've enjoyed working with him.
1717946653914.png

Last edited:
Regarding photo of 2 rifles is the upper one a sidelock or side plates ? A sidelock would be amazing - a sideplated heavy rifle no way . Too much wood removed . I do like VC double rifles . Even better the Australian distributor lives just up the road !
Would not sidelocks remove more wood than sideplates?

Pretty VC rifles but have heard about quality issues and a lack of support from the company when this occurred. Takes them out of the equation for me to consider.

HH

Pretty VC rifles but have heard about quality issues and a lack of support from the company when this occurred. Takes them out of the equation for me to consider.

HH
Some have shared bad experiences, where they eventually came to an amicable agreement.
But names are becoming hard to much faith in regardless. The shared problems with Sako, Merkel, etc. idk.

They seem to be sold & used around the world, but I understand. Krieghoff, ie. The dealer, the PA factory are super receptive for anything .. your not comfortable with, asap.

Last edited:
Talk with @FOXTROTLIMA3 . They have been a pleasure and still looking forward to dealing with them.

Kebco LLC. Ken is an exceptional person to talk to, in almost every subject matter. Interesting individual, you could go on for hours, stories, etc.
1717951502663.png

Attachments

• Verney-Carron O:U 450-400 for sale.pdf
    222.9 KB · Views: 18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimothyBrorn

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt