New "classic" .318 Westley Richards?

Last edited:
That is disappointing Swan has done 2 bbls for me in that time a 6mm ARC & 7 MM REM MAG all turned out great & shot less than 1 moa .

A bit of a long story, various delays not associated with Swans. (y)

E308DF80-78B1-4D35-B6C6-96B10FB97445.jpeg
003F11F4-C509-4DE9-B8E7-3E422801968E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like it will turn out into a beautiful classic rifle, action looks like a 1909 Argentine ? I am very
happy with my 318 WR, brass from 30/06 ,250 grain Woodleigh bullets &180 grain copper bullets from
Atomic 29 in South Australia they shoot 3 shot sub MOA groups.
Yes, it is a 1909 Argentine action. Satterlee Arms redid the bolt handle in the classic Oberndorf tear drop shape. I am excited to get it finished and ready to go.

Interestingly a fellow Aussie who had a .333 built refused to tell anyone where the barrels were being made. Wonder why?

il_570xN.2958275237_8ula.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a RJ Renner full blown classic Ruger light weight 7x57, beautiful gun with iron sights, stock is Schnable for end, side panels, English/Germanic cross breed..For 2000 grand you get the whole shebang add the cost of the rifle at 700 or whatever and you get it all..just the metal work on most customs cost 2000 or more...Hard to beat and mine shoots mostly half inch for 3 shots and an inch for 5 shots..Its my go to deer and sometimes elk and been my PG gun for years and buffalo on one occasion.

I sold my 318 WR recently for gobs of gold, but my 06 with a 250 gr bullet matched it,..

I recently sold my original 318 WR as they are out of sight on the market..I found out if you take the nostalgia out of the scenario and load 250 gr bullets in our old 30-06 you gotta 318 WR with more penetration it seems! oh well it is what it is! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherrillNe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]