Need new boots

Russell has what is now called "Made To Order" You have the choice of two last (foot shapes) and then several options with type of leather, soles and trim- but nothing to do with actually making a shoe to fit your foot. They no longer use the tracings, even if they are on file and have made several shoes for you previously.

Yep, that's why I am giving a shot to Leddy. I have enough skins to last me a lifetime. There is a half a size difference between my right and left foot and my left leg is 3mm shorter than the right leg. I don't care for dress shoes etc. as I don't wear them for a long time. Hunting boots that I wear for 12+ hours a day or longer I want the perfect fit.

My riding boots (for hunt seat) were made in London by the same guy that used to make them for the UK Olympic team as well as the late Queen. I was lucky enough to convince him to make me a couple of pairs in a rush order when I used to ride a lot and also do fox hunts in the UK before it got banned. Of course, this was decades ago, I do miss riding but with a hip replacement I don't dare to take a chance on a fall and go through the whole thing again. The only way I'd wear them again would be for Halloween in hunting pink but I no longer have a 31" waist so that's out. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It seems they are still in business. https://www.schniederboots.com/

Next time you are in Namibia checkout Swakopmund Vellies. Locally made shoes, boots that won’t break the bank. The poor man’s Courteneys . They are very comfortable. A pair is about $60 or less.

IMG_0534.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s already been said but Courtney Patrol Boot, call Jim at Africa Sporting Creations and he’ll take care of you.

These Red Wings have been perfect stalking boots. Of course they discontinued them. And now looking at them. They need some dressing and new laces. Apparently I just threw them on the shelf when I got home last year.

IMG_1023.jpeg

Jim green makes some awesome safari boots, I have some buffalo hide and really love them
IMG_0344.jpeg
IMG_0236.png
IMG_0235.png

Kenetrek Safari's are the bomb!

Danner Light II's are pretty good.

IMHO, (and I have worn them), Courtney's are mainly about nostalgia.

Sorry, just my 2 cents..

Many U.S. Mil Spec desert/jungle boots are really good also, if you don't mind a higher topped boot.
( I have some Timberland and Altamas that are really comfortable)

I, really, would have preferred to love Courtney's, but technology has moved on from 100 years ago.

My experience with Russel was dreadful about 10 years ago.

I have an email sent to Jim Green to see if they will put the African Ranger sole on their 8 inch boot
Thanks for the replies

I have a pair of Courteney Safari with the ripple sole, works mighty nice.

IMG_5855.jpg

Last edited:
Never heard of the Jim Green boots before… they look great and appear to be very affordable too… I might have to check out a pair of their ranger boots..
I don’t think you will be disappointed, they make custom boot all so , different leather and sole combo

Some (actually most) will scoff, but I love Converse Chuck Taylors. Especially in stylish camo. :) They actually work great in areas without heavy thorns. Really likes them in areas with a lot of round boulders to traverse.

A70F8367-9965-405F-8EDD-45CFAC7B6900.jpeg

Yep, that's why I am giving a shot to Leddy. I have enough skins to last me a lifetime. There is a half a size difference between my right and left foot and my left leg is 3mm shorter than the right leg. I don't care for dress shoes etc. as I don't wear them for a long time. Hunting boots that I wear for 12+ hours a day or longer I want the perfect fit.

My riding boots (for hunt seat) were made in London by the same guy that used to make them for the UK Olympic team as well as the late Queen. I was lucky enough to convince him to make me a couple of pairs in a rush order when I used to ride a lot and also do fox hunts in the UK before it got banned. Of course, this was decades ago, I do miss riding but with a hip replacement I don't dare to take a chance on a fall and go through the whole thing again. The only way I'd wear them again would be for Halloween in hunting pink but I no longer have a 31" waist so that's out. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It seems they are still in business. https://www.schniederboots.com/

Sooooo, why were you banned, why did you do to get banned?

He must have been hell on fox! Scotland, England and Wales banned hunting with dogs in the early 2000s. I’m sure Tanks had nothing to do with it . . . unless he showed up in Chuck Taylors. That faux pas would certainly get you banned. :-)

Hunting Act of 2004 in England banned hunting most wild animals (including Foxes) with dogs. Nothing to do with me. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You won't see this view anymore in the UK.
GettyImages-56097787.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XeroAxis

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]