Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Republic of CongoNamibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
If you plan to hunt deer or pronghorn in NE WY this year I’d suggest checking to make sure you’re hunting area has not burned. Could make for a very unsuccessful hunt. Between Weston, Campbell and Johnson counties around 100 square miles have burned recently.
Also use extreme caution in regards to fires this year. One fire in Johnson county moving into MT was 130,000 acres. There have been documented pronghorn deaths. A good rain would see some green growth coming back in the burns and see some animals moving back into those areas. Unfortunately that really hasn’t happened and we’re running out of time for that to make a difference for hunting season.

Check your area!

IMG_4501.jpeg

This picture was taken on I-90 between Buffalo and Gillette.

For the short term that sucks.
In the long run it will be very good for the ground and animals. Looking at the long view I have to say, Burn Baby Burn!!!

Excuse my math.... 1000 sq miles. Might read the above attached article about the sagebrush loss and invasive grasses.......
Bruce

This information is valid in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and other states. Check your unit or you could be in for tough sledding

If you plan to hunt deer or pronghorn in NE WY this year I’d suggest checking to make sure you’re hunting area has not burned. Could make for a very unsuccessful hunt. Between Weston, Campbell and Johnson counties around 100 square miles have burned recently.
Also use extreme caution in regards to fires this year. One fire in Johnson county moving into MT was 130,000 acres. There have been documented pronghorn deaths. A good rain would see some green growth coming back in the burns and see some animals moving back into those areas. Unfortunately that really hasn’t happened and we’re running out of time for that to make a difference for hunting season.

Check your area!

View attachment 633625

This picture was taken on I-90 between Buffalo and Gillette.
Sad to see. My sister grew up in Gillette, have family in Rozet. Those animals can't catch a break between fires and winter kills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidiofhat

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles