Namibia revokes visa free entry to 31 countries

They can charge whatever they want and travelers can snivel as loud as they like- but 88 USD in ‘24 doesn’t seem much out of line. I think Mugabe was charging around $35 plus a $20 “lubrication” few a few years ago, don’t know now for Zim.

Reminds of Visa entry experience I had a few years ago in Tete, Mozambique. Fill out a little entry card in Portuguese and wait in line outside a tiny office for the officer to call you in. Outside the office, a sign clearly states $75 Visa fee. The lady in charge calls you in when your turn and informs you the fee is now $85. So you put exact change back in your wallet and pull out a $100 bill. She puts it in her purse, recovers $15 change, hands you the change and you get a digital fingerprint. Especially funny when you are missing the finger they need to fingerprint :) All I could do was laugh as they tried to sort out their dilemma! Like a computer tasked to solve a mathematical paradox…. hehehe

I think there are more important things to worry about on an Africa trip than an $88 Visa charge ;)

You must be the reason they switched to thumbs now. At least that's what they did in Pemba where we were there in July.

Alaska is looking more attractive as a hunting destination every day. Very sad.
You haven't looked at our non resident license fees lately have you. I suggest your put your coffee down first. And then the cost of fly outs. Oh boy, it's almost doubled in a few years.

They can charge whatever they want and travelers can snivel as loud as they like- but 88 USD in ‘24 doesn’t seem much out of line. I think Mugabe was charging around $35 plus a $20 “lubrication” few a few years ago, don’t know now for Zim.

Reminds of Visa entry experience I had a few years ago in Tete, Mozambique. Fill out a little entry card in Portuguese and wait in line outside a tiny office for the officer to call you in. Outside the office, a sign clearly states $75 Visa fee. The lady in charge calls you in when your turn and informs you the fee is now $85. So you put exact change back in your wallet and pull out a $100 bill. She puts it in her purse, recovers $15 change, hands you the change and you get a digital fingerprint. Especially funny when you are missing the finger they need to fingerprint :) All I could do was laugh as they tried to sort out their dilemma! Like a computer tasked to solve a mathematical paradox…. hehehe

I think there are more important things to worry about on an Africa trip than an $88 Visa charge ;)
Bet they said you just cut that one off to mess with us :ROFLMAO:

Seems fair to me. If the country we live in charges country A a visa fee, if we are traveling to country A and they charge a similar visa fee that is fair. and in the grand scheme of things extra $85 is easy to plan into the budget for the trip. Or those that get their nose bent outta joint can just stay home and whine about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelvinAlco

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well