Namibia revokes visa free entry to 31 countries

They can charge whatever they want and travelers can snivel as loud as they like- but 88 USD in ‘24 doesn’t seem much out of line. I think Mugabe was charging around $35 plus a $20 “lubrication” few a few years ago, don’t know now for Zim.

Reminds of Visa entry experience I had a few years ago in Tete, Mozambique. Fill out a little entry card in Portuguese and wait in line outside a tiny office for the officer to call you in. Outside the office, a sign clearly states $75 Visa fee. The lady in charge calls you in when your turn and informs you the fee is now $85. So you put exact change back in your wallet and pull out a $100 bill. She puts it in her purse, recovers $15 change, hands you the change and you get a digital fingerprint. Especially funny when you are missing the finger they need to fingerprint :) All I could do was laugh as they tried to sort out their dilemma! Like a computer tasked to solve a mathematical paradox…. hehehe

I think there are more important things to worry about on an Africa trip than an $88 Visa charge ;)

You must be the reason they switched to thumbs now. At least that's what they did in Pemba where we were there in July.

Alaska is looking more attractive as a hunting destination every day. Very sad.
You haven't looked at our non resident license fees lately have you. I suggest your put your coffee down first. And then the cost of fly outs. Oh boy, it's almost doubled in a few years.

You must be the reason they switched to thumbs now. At least that's what they did in Pemba where we were there in July.
May be? That’ll work until someone comes in with a dally thumb! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TallGrassWary

Latest profile posts

Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg