AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa, USA, Canada
This hunt report is from a trip with Pieter Delport of Eintracht Jagd Safaris. Four of us - Lee, Justin, Oscar, and Bill - hunted for approx 10 days the last week of July through the first week of August. Primary PH’s were Pieter and his son Danie, with another relation used as needed. They are great people, talented hunters, stalkers and trackers. It’s my 4th trip to Africa and i can’t imagine a better experience. Food was great, animals plenty, and land access outstanding. We hunted a combination of family owned free range and neighbors farms that was 100,000 acres plus, as well as some large contained properties that you never saw a fence once you entered the gate. We also went to a property 2 hours away in a remote location that was roughly 15,000 acres to primarily bow hunt. This area had recent drought and the lack of grass was very noticeable. I primarily bow hunted, Justin and Bill 50/50 bow/gun and Oscar all gun.

I flew Ethiopian airlines from Wash, Dulles to Addis Abbaba, 1:20 layover, then on to Windhoek. I had a great experience. I used frequent flyer miles saved up from the past few years and flew business class. What a treat. The stewardesses treat you great, the food is good (and plenty) and the seat/pods are so nice for the 18 hours of transit. No issues with luggage. I only brought 2 bows, so didn’t have to deal with firearms transit.

We each had our own room at the family farm with two beds and a good sized bathroom. Very nice accommodations. Outside of hunting our favorite thing was the evening fires on the raised firepit and great meals. Cooked many steaks, game meat and sausages on the open flame.

Here are some pics of the flight and accommodations at the main family farm.

We had lots of success on animals, 20 plus animals “that I’ll add shortly with some stories and pics.

IMG_5159.jpeg
IMG_5160.jpeg
IMG_5168.jpeg
IMG_5174.jpeg
IMG_5187.jpeg
IMG_5188.jpeg
IMG_5190.jpeg
IMG_5351.jpeg
IMG_5208.jpeg
IMG_5207.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Justin and i arrived first about two days before Oscar and Bill. I hunted a blind with my bow looking for some culls or an Oryx and Justin was covering land in the truck with his rifle looking to work on his larger list of animals by spotting and stalking. I was not in a hurry as i was targeting only a few animals that i had not taken with a bow, primarily eland and waterbuck, and i was told there was a good location for these with a bow we would visit in a few days. Justin’s list was much bigger - eland, kudu, zebra, oryx, red hartebeest, blue Wildebeest, springbuck, etc. so he wanted to start checking off the list :). He was also starting off with a rifle. I had some opportunities but the culls were stacking up side by side up at the water so i had to be careful. I took a few pics of some young animals and a nice blue wildebeest. It was good to see a few different species instead of just the whitetails from back home. Justin did manage to take a nice eland and mountain zebra. Only two days in and lots of excitement and action. 8 more days!

IMG_5199.jpeg
IMG_5202.jpeg
IMG_5203.jpeg
fcd3b371-1ccc-407d-ac7f-39cefea0625a.jpeg
PHOTO-2024-08-04-14-55-34.jpeg

On day 3 for me, all 4 of our party had arrived in camp. Pieter and Danie decided we would spend one more day at the main farm and surrounding areas before heading to another location to focus on the bow hunting for 3 of us. Oscar would stay behind and hunt the vast areas at and around the family land with his rifles. And he did have some nice rifles! I believe he brought a 7mm PRC and a .338 Lapua. I teased him that he could have stayed in the US and just shot across the ocean with the Lapua . We all hunted different spots and the rifle hunters had some good success. Here are pictures of some nice animals taken by Justin and Oscar. Oscars animals were taken over the next 4-5 days while we were at the other location 2 hours away. Oscar not only had a blast, but said he covered some great country spotting and stalking the animals and got in enough daily steps to exceed any fitbits daily recommendations. As a first time Africa hunter his trophies are awesome.We all remember our first time in Africa. His black and white zebra pic is one of my favorites.

72ddae49-d1f9-4dc2-b317-15fe267432ca.jpeg
PHOTO-2024-08-04-15-16-17.jpeg
PHOTO-2024-08-04-15-15-38.jpeg
PHOTO-2024-08-04-15-15-08.jpeg
PHOTO-2024-08-04-15-14-46.jpeg
PHOTO-2024-08-04-15-14-13.jpeg

This hunt report is from a trip with Pieter Delport of Eintracht Jagd Safaris. Four of us - Lee, Justin, Oscar, and Bill - hunted for approx 10 days the last week of July through the first week of August. Primary PH’s were Pieter and his son Danie, with another relation used as needed. They are great people, talented hunters, stalkers and trackers. It’s my 4th trip to Africa and i can’t imagine a better experience. Food was great, animals plenty, and land access outstanding. We hunted a combination of family owned free range and neighbors farms that was 100,000 acres plus, as well as some large contained properties that you never saw a fence once you entered the gate. We also went to a property 2 hours away in a remote location that was roughly 15,000 acres to primarily bow hunt. This area had recent drought and the lack of grass was very noticeable. I primarily bow hunted, Justin and Bill 50/50 bow/gun and Oscar all gun.

I flew Ethiopian airlines from Wash, Dulles to Addis Abbaba, 1:20 layover, then on to Windhoek. I had a great experience. I used frequent flyer miles saved up from the past few years and flew business class. What a treat. The stewardesses treat you great, the food is good (and plenty) and the seat/pods are so nice for the 18 hours of transit. No issues with luggage. I only brought 2 bows, so didn’t have to deal with firearms transit.

We each had our own room at the family farm with two beds and a good sized bathroom. Very nice accommodations. Outside of hunting our favorite thing was the evening fires on the raised firepit and great meals. Cooked many steaks, game meat and sausages on the open flame.

Here are some pics of the flight and accommodations at the main family farm.

We had lots of success on animals, 20 plus animals “that I’ll add shortly with some stories and pics.

View attachment 628118View attachment 628119View attachment 628120View attachment 628121View attachment 628122View attachment 628123View attachment 628124View attachment 628125View attachment 628126View attachment 628127
Absolutely love this place. Looks like you got the room they were remodeling when I was there in May.

@Lee M Pieter Delport is simply Outstanding at what he does. Looks like Donnie is a chip off the old block. He and I hunted two days and I shot an Eland for camp meat and the Diker had been after for years. Glad to hear that once again you had a blast there. Hope we can catch up via phone as I would like to hear all the details.

3 of the 4 in our group headed 2 hours south with Pieter and crew to a much more remote location. We were on dirt roads for half the distance and there was only minimal sign of any human existence nearby. Only a few cattle and goats were seen on the road the last few miles. We entered the gate and drove in about a mile to the house. It was rustic, but had 4 bedrooms and 4 fully functional bathrooms. Solar power for lights and to run the water and the fridge. To heat the water you built a fire under the tank that held the water. Cell coverage was almost nonexistent, at least for us with our US phones. There was a gas stove in the kitchen and a fireplace outside where we did a lot of cooking. Personally, i loved it. A true off the grid with beds, toilets and water! Just enough creature comforts to satisfy someone in the late 50’s . We headed out that afternoon to set up 3 pop up blinds on waterholes and all hunted for 1/2 a day. I finally got on the board and took a nice waterbuck with the bow. It was awesome and he only made it 60 yards before falling. A hour later another slightly bigger one came in to 20 yards, but i didn’t want a second. I saw black wildebeest, springbuck and some young warthog as well. A great first day at the new location. The wind was swirling, so it kept some game a little far out for a reasonable bow shot. I hunted this location the next two days and saw many giraffe, more waterbuck, zebra, duiker, red hartebeest, warthog (including a shooter male), Oryx, and blue wildebeest. Usually there were 3 or more species in view. I was targeting Zebra and Eland, and there were times that i could have shot something else on my secondary list, but I was waiting for a stallion to come in that was hung up at 50 yards. A great experience watching natures TV. I did finally have a group of 4 big eland come in one evening and took a really nice bull.
Image1724380027.541086.jpg
Image1724380066.651684.jpg
Image1724380098.331803.jpg
Image1724380135.526447.jpg
Image1724380236.192742.jpg
Image1724380313.093399.jpg
Image1724380345.917882.jpg

Looks like a great adventure. Thanks for sharing.

Here are some pics of the house in the remote location. Outside, there was a building constructed with brick that had water trickling acting like a cooling tower with a fan on top. It was amazing the temp drop inside this structure. Very efficient and like everything at this camp it was run with solar power. I’d stay in accommodations like this every trip if the game quality, diversity of animals, and quantity was what we experienced! Also, you started hunting went you stepped outside the front door. Game was seen most nights from the porch while cooking on the fire.

IMG_0045.jpeg
IMG_0048.jpeg
IMG_0044.jpeg
IMG_5341.jpeg
IMG_5339.jpeg
IMG_5338.jpeg
IMG_0037.jpeg
IMG_0038.jpeg
IMG_5321.jpeg
IMG_5286.jpeg

That's the place near Rehoboth, south of Windhoek. They had just started work on the renovation of the house when I was there so we had to drive about 25 miles each way to where we were lodging. But I loved that property.
Loved sitting at that water hole. Plenty of game at that farm.

Yes indeed Dee it was a game rich and large property

We switched up the blinds on the next day so we could all have new scenery. The new location for me was a lot more open and you could see 600+ yards in front of the blind. Lots of game passed by, some at a distance and some within bow range. There was very little time that something wasn’t in sight. A large group of impala came in and out and there was a nice male in the mix. They were constantly chasing each other seemingly in a rut like behavior. Some springbuck were also doing this. Then off in the distance some Oryx and Kudu appeared and were heading straight towards us. There were 3 kudu bulls and one had a nice shape. When they moved in to the water a few other animals joined them. The biggest one gave me a broadside shot at 26 yards and a let an arrow fly. It hit the mark and the bull jumped over the water and away. At 120 yards he started to wobble and fell. This was the second Kudu we took as Bill had just scored with his bow as well. The PH got a good pic just prior to my shot as well. Over in the blind i hunted the first few days, Justin also scored on a nice Sprinbuck with the bow. He also had a big stallion zebra in close, which didn’t happen while i was there. They were staying just out of range. We all saw new and different animals in the blinds which shows that you need at least 5 days at any location to see what is using the water. I did see one of the golden Oryx that were known to be on the property, but it was a younger one. It was estimated there were at least 6, with 1-2 mature bulls seen over the past year.

IMG_5468.png
IMG_5305.jpeg
86c22c76-d06f-4249-a4a4-200697be11b0.jpeg
IMG_5320.jpeg
PHOTO-2024-08-04-14-57-26.jpeg
f86ee6d8-7647-4ae9-ac70-1901b2ddc773.jpeg
07bf3bdb-2552-4ee1-b646-9f0e0aa8c10b.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlineCover

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!