My new Rand's hat is on the way...

I purchased an Akruba earlier this year. The Territory is a fine hat indeed. I like it very much. The price is reasonable for the high quality.
Akubra. Had a couple myself years ago.

Have an old Banana Republic safari hat from many years ago, fur felt, top quality from back when BR dealt with safari clothing.
Also have a couple of nice Stetson fedora's that I like.

Well I ordered my Rand at SCI last February. I was told it would be roughly 10 months before I had the hat. Well here it is 5 months later and my new Gallatin has arrived. In spite of the fact that some at UPS are in need of freight handling training, it all seems to be fine.

IMG_1773.jpeg

IMG_1770.jpeg

IMG_1771.jpeg

Good thing the box was marked "Fragile", "Handle with Care"

IMG_1766.jpeg

IMG_1765.jpeg

Well I ordered my Rand at SCI last February. I was told it would be roughly 10 months before I had the hat. Well here it is 5 months later and my new Gallatin has arrived. In spite of the fact that some at UPS are in need of freight handling training, it all seems to be fine.

View attachment 620820

View attachment 620821

View attachment 620822

View attachment 620823

View attachment 620824
Beautiful, I like the color.

Love that hat, Phil. Looks like a better, classier version of the Stetson Open Road, which is one of my favorite styles.

Gotta get me one. :cool:

View attachment 620820

View attachment 620821

View attachment 620822

View attachment 620823

View attachment 620824
Very nice!

Phil, what’s the beaver count on that one ?

I honestly have no idea how many beavers gave up their lives so that I may have this hat...... :)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. In all seriousness, you'd have to contact Rand for such information. I just liked the hat and sort of went with it on a whim. Normally the most likely hat you'll see me wearing is some sort of Harley Davidson ball cap.

EDIT: I said I went with it on a whim, that's not quite correct. If it weren't for this fine group of money spending enablers on this forum, I don't know that I would've made this purchase. The money may have gone to other such important things in my life like my Harley.

Last edited:
I've been wearing hats all my life, from growing up on a ranch in Texas, to 99% of my hunting, to wandering around the Middle East on multiple occasions. I'm light complected and don't tan. A few years ago, a military dermatologist told me if I hadn't worn a brimmed hat most of my life, they'd have to skin me alive.

Growing up it was cowboy hats, but over time, as life took me over the world, my style changed. I'm partial to felt hats and particularly Greeley Hat Works hats. I've worn out quite a few...

A good hat is like a good horse or a good hunting dog: You put a million miles on them, you work with them thru thick and thin, you baby them at times and give them tough-love at others, you count on them and they count on you. And in the end, you NEVER throw them away; you retire them and let them hang around your hunting room, like you'd retire a good using horse to the pasture. Then you pet them every now and then, remember all the miles you went together, and wish you could do it all over again...

Attachments

• IMG_4975.jpeg
    IMG_4975.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0371.jpeg
    IMG_0371.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3027.jpeg
    IMG_3027.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2751.jpeg
    IMG_2751.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_E4508.jpeg
    IMG_E4508.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6360.jpeg
    IMG_6360.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4757.jpeg
    IMG_4757.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4638.jpeg
    IMG_4638.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4623.jpeg
    IMG_4623.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4502.jpeg
    IMG_4502.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qunqiyun016

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?
gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.