my first elk

I didn't have anything to do this morning so I did some checking.

Calvin45 who's story was posted by Jerome and the OP has a pretty good presence on the WWW. It's kind of odd that he comes onto this forum with a user name of Bluebeam

Just curious how you determined he was a scammer. Did you contact Calvin from the other forum to see if he is not the same as Bluebeam? The text is exactly the same which immediately throws up a red flag but I suppose it could have been cut and pasted by original author. I suspect something else caught your attention? No need to divulge. Keep your secret weapons a secret. Glad you caught it.

Interesting that Bluebeam was "a new member" who has been hanging out here since May 2022. Odd.

@Ontario Hunter, @Bluebeam had the same IP Address as another scammer, it is common for some members to share the same IP address however @Bluebeam recent posting pattern caught my attention, scammers will creates accounts and have them dormant until they choose the moment to act and strike. I then searched on Google image at https://images.google.com for the Elk that he attached into his post to find it on another forum posted by someone else. Searching @Bluebeam member's account I also found that he had used an IP from Nigeria which confirmed it all.

Attachments

• IMG_8906.jpeg
    IMG_8906.jpeg
    959.3 KB · Views: 12
@Ontario Hunter, @Bluebeam had the same IP Address as another scammer, it is common for some members to share the same IP address however @Bluebeam recent posting pattern caught my attention, scammers will creates accounts and have them dormant until they choose the moment to act and strike. I then searched on Google image at https://images.google.com for the Elk that he attached into his post to find it on another forum posted by someone else. Searching @Bluebeam member's account I also found that he had used an IP from Nigeria which confirmed it all.
Great sleuthing. Very articulate for a Nigerian. He writes better than one of the former US presidents. But then pretty much everyone can write better than that guy. :D

Congratulations! I leave next Monday for northern New Mexico to hunt my first elk. Been to Africa 5 times but never hunted elk. Go figure.

Looks delicious! That bull has more points than my first 3 elk combined! Congrats.

Be vigilant on the internet, here is a scammer impersonating a hunter, he is taking posts from elsewhere on the internet to appear knowledgeable about hunting. @Bluebeam has been banned.
The depths to which scum will dive is always amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
razorsharkRussel

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?