My Covid vaccination experience

But the Marxist woke mob is telling everyone we must be vaccinated, or we are spreading covid. The fake news media tells us we must get the vaccine, because. I agree it is HIS choice, or my choice, but we are not being presented with a choice to take or not take the vaccine. And we are more or less told it is 100% effective, because even small numbers of waivers are “unacceptable.” So not fake news here. The NFL acts as if the vaccine is 100% effective, and 100% of employees must be vaccinated. Judd is correct factually and the overall vaccine-or-die coercive narrative is totally fake news. That you are ok with, Hog.
The bias is everyone's choice. I agree the vaccinations has been weaponized by the politicians. The anti-vaxxers have also weaponized it against the "establishment". Nothing is 100% and there are no guarantees in life. You are either going to die from the virus or something else, vaccinated or not.
It's like Mary arriving at the gates of Heaven and St. Peter asking her what was the cause of her death. She replied "gonorrhea". St. Peter says "You don't die from gonorrhea". Mary then says "You do if you give it to Leroy".

While nobody wants to see anyone die from this, the idea that others "misinformation" caused the death of your friend isnt really accurate or fair. Your friend died due to his own choices. People believe what they want to believe. He chose to not get the jab, nobody chose for him.

Is this the same friend who lived on the mountain and was visited by his sick ex who brought it up to him?

We all make choices in life, some dont work out, others do. But our system allows us to make mistakes, and while I share your distain for the Chinese, I place pretty much equal blame on the little lying turd Fauci, the NIH, CDC and a host of others for their mishandling and misinformation and outright lies about this crap.
I remember early on when the Chinese tried to blame the US for the C19 and I laughed, like sure, its our fault right? Turns out it may well have been partially our fault for dicking around with shit we shouldnt be dicking around with, that the little lying turd Fauci had a hand in. He can deny it all he wants, but its been proven and admitted to by the NIH that its true, the whole gain of function fiasco.
There is plenty of blame to go around for those who have succumbed to this, but again, its about choice, we still have that here at least for now.
I am sorry for the loss of your friend.
I’m not in the mood for your BS @sestoppelman! He is dead because of the misinformation. It’s plain and simple. I spoke with him, you didn’t. Yes, of course, he made HIS decision but he was influenced by wacky conspiracy theories. Now he is dead 15 years early. One of my employees is a Respiratory Therapist and my daughter is a CNA dealing with this virus daily. I will believe their experiences over your internet banter. Please do not comment on my friend again. You and people like you just make it worse.

I’m not in the mood for your BS @sestoppelman! He is dead because of the misinformation. It’s plain and simple. I spoke with him, you didn’t. Yes, of course, he made HIS decision but he was influenced by wacky conspiracy theories. Now he is dead 15 years early. One of my employees is a Respiratory Therapist and my daughter is a CNA dealing with this virus daily. I will believe their experiences over your internet banter. Please do not comment on my friend again. You and people like you just make it worse.
Sorry you feel that way. You have gone the direction of woke I guess and are no longer in favor of free thought or free speech.
Your friend is dead because of a virus and the choices he made, not anything I or anyone else said.

Sorry you feel that way. You have gone the direction of woke I guess and are no longer in favor of free thought or free speech.
Your friend is dead because of a virus and the choices he made, not anything I or anyone else said.
Obviously he’s dead because of the virus, his choice and conspiracy theories he listened to from idiots. I defend his choice but not outrageous conspiracy theories. I wish he had an INFORMED choice, not the BS many put out there.

As for woke, it’s clear that you don’t understand the use of that word. It applies to waking up and thinking everything is about race. You just like to bloviate and say shit here without facts.

Woke means all sorts of stuff, not just race, wise up. To claim he did NOT have an informed choice is just pure nonsense.
He had access to the same info you and I do. He chose to listen to and believe the "conspiracy" theories and CHOSE to not get vaccinated.
Your anger is very highly misplaced.
As you said above, you talked to him, not me, which makes it pretty obvious that I and others had nothing to do with his choices, since he apparently listened to the "idiots". I dont consider myself to be an idiot.
Evidently you were not persuasive enough in your arguments FOR getting the jab.
You can be mad at me or others all day long and it wont change a damn thing, that is a FACT.

Woke means all sorts of stuff, not just race, wise up. To claim he did NOT have an informed choice is just pure nonsense.
He had access to the same info you and I do. He chose to listen to and believe the "conspiracy" theories and CHOSE to not get vaccinated.
Your anger is very highly misplaced.
As you said above, you talked to him, not me, which makes it pretty obvious that I and others had nothing to do with his choices, since he apparently listened to the "idiots". I dont consider myself to be an idiot.
Evidently you were not persuasive enough in your arguments FOR getting the jab.
You can be mad at me or others all day long and it wont change a damn thing, that is a FACT.
Definition of woke from Oxford Languages: Alert to injustices in society, especially racism.

He had no television or cell phone coverage in the mountains. He did have WiFi and got his “news” from the internet. He wasn’t very up on technology. I wasn’t around him enough to offset the idiots online.

Years ago, we all knew some crackpot down the street that was weird and a conspiracy nut. Now, thanks to social media, these idiots have a loud voice and the gullible fall in line to follow them. A healthy suspicion of the government can turn into crazy theories from idiots. So, you are wrong, he did not have a fully informed choice. My anger is at those idiots and also at him for being gullible.

I’m all for the freedom of choice but a poorly informed choice is not a good choice, it’s just a choice, for whatever that’s worth. I’m quite sure he would rather still be alive. I know I wish he was.

A good place to end this back and forth. I will say no more about it other than I am genuinely sorry about your friend, as I am about all who have suffered thru this Covid crap.

The new Covid treatment, Molnupiravir, will likely receive emergency use authorization by The US FDA when they meet on Nov 30 (12 days hence). It is a pill currently being used in The UK. It was developed in the USA at Emory Univ, originally for influenza. (remember the Ivermectin comments by the dems? "it's a horse medicine"). But now it's ok to use a medication developed for another purpose ( the flu) because democrats say so. Incidentally, this drug was pushed to market by Pres Trump, but was railed at and stalled by democrats who demanded he stop "pushing an untested drug to market" (see Rick Bright's lawsuit against the Trump admin) The democrat admin has already ordered $1.7 billion worth of this pill, pending it's approval. I mention this only because it may have implications for future travel by unvaccinated hunters, because it's very effective. But my tinfoil hat neighbor thinks that the democrats were trying to kill him, by opposing Operation Warp Speed, opposing Molnupiravir, opposing Ivermectin, opposing all other treatment modalities, and by denying the origins or funding of Covid-19 gain of function experiments. ABC news assures me he is wrong. Anyway, I have all 3 vaccinations. At my age I don't need to worry about long term side effects. And I want to go hunting in Africa another time or two. Best of luck on whatever choices you make.............................FWB

Here is an interesting one. A few days ago a friend of mine (mid 30s) was on her way to get her 3rd shot of Pfizer. On entering the premises she had her temperature tested and it was slightly elevated, by about half a degree Celsius. She was refused entry and advised to take covid test. She tested positive. Other than the elevated temperature she has no symptoms. Her husband who had two shots like her tested negative, their young daughter who is not as yet vaccinated also tested negative. Draw your conclusions, I’m not able to.

I had Covid-19 last November 2 I was 69 and diabetic. Turning 70 in January. I got up every day fed my horses and cows, fixed broken water line and even used my pole saw to cut trim limbs. I am not vaccinated and will not be. I have natural immunity from having Covid-19.
My only symptoms was my ears plugged up, a headache and my body ached.

I personally know of at 12 people local that had all of their vaccine shot and still caught Covid-19.

Florida Gov DeSantis signs bill limiting vaccine mandates​

I received my booster yesterday. Went to gym today and feel fine. It was the Moderna booster.

Had my Moderna booster last week. No serious problems, just felt a little crappy the day after.

As to the natural immunity from actually having COVID one of my friends, a woman in her late 30s had the virus last year and again in October. Both cases were serious enough to land her in the hospital.

This thing has been politicized by loads and loads of bullshit on both sides of the debate. Do what you think is best for you.

Had my Moderna booster last week. No serious problems, just felt a little crappy the day after.

As to the natural immunity from actually having COVID one of my friends, a woman in her late 30s had the virus last year and again in October. Both cases were serious enough to land her in the hospital.

This thing has been politicized by loads and loads of bullshit on both sides of the debate. Do what you think is best for you.
Everyone's immune system is not equal, by having the virus twice means she didn't aquire natural immunity.

Everyone's immune system is not equal, by having the virus twice means she didn't aquire natural immunity.
Pretty sure you're correct. When I see how it affects different individuals I'm pretty sure there's some genetic component there making some more sensitive to it than others.

Fortunately she seems to be getting better. A week ago she was using a walker to get around but now she's seems to be improving.

I had Covid-19 last November 2 I was 69 and diabetic. Turning 70 in January. I got up every day fed my horses and cows, fixed broken water line and even used my pole saw to cut trim limbs. I am not vaccinated and will not be. I have natural immunity from having Covid-19.
My only symptoms was my ears plugged up, a headache and my body ached.

I personally know of at 12 people local that had all of their vaccine shot and still caught Covid-19.
Yes, do the math. Nobody said the vaccines were 100% effective. 5-6 people out of 100 vaccinated still get sick. I’m not surprised that you know 12 breakthrough cases. This doesn’t mean that the vaccines do not work.

A0674321-303B-4DA7-A0A6-A7FBF12A9452.jpeg

Yes, do the math. Nobody said the vaccines were 100% effective. 5-6 people out of 100 vaccinated still get sick. I’m not surprised that you know 12 breakthrough cases. This doesn’t mean that the vaccines do not work.

Get a Small Pox vaccine and it's over you are vaccinated and never need another. This mRNA SO called vaccine has never ever been used before and did not go through the normal 7 to 10 years of testing before being released and yes it is unaffective. And totally not properly vetted and I will never ever take that crap that no one knows the long term health affects either good or bad

I live in a very small community so the breakthrough cases that I know of us a lot

Get a Small Pox vaccine and it's over you are vaccinated and never need another. This mRNA SO called vaccine has never ever been used before and did not go through the normal 7 to 10 years of testing before being released and yes it is unaffective. And totally not properly vetted and I will never ever take that crap that no one knows the long term health affects either good or bad

I live in a very small community so the breakthrough cases that I know of us a lot
All diseases and vaccines are different. Your comparison to Small Pox is irrelevant. mRNA vaccines are the way of the future from here on out for most vaccine development, not just for COVID. Clinical trials have been done with 40,000 to 60,000 people in each. These are huge trials. Million of people have received the vaccines. How many is enough for you? In addition, clinical trials are not even done unless a vaccine is analyzed and known to be safe. The clinical trials are more about the effectiveness than safety. There was not the normal 7-10 years available to develop the vaccines in a pandemic. The process was much faster but safety not compromised. The normal 7-10 years of time for other vaccines was not driven by safety.

The vaccines are highly effective but not 100%. No vaccine is 100% effective. Ask your local hospital the percentage of unvaccinated sick COVID patients versus vaccinated. It's not even close. Over 90% are unvaccinated. Your fear is unwarranted. You should be more fearful of COVID than the vaccines but you have drank the kool-aid I guess. However, I am not in favor of mandates. Do what you want but don't spread BS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredrickWe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]