MOZAMBIQUE: Pain & Redemption In Niassa

Awesome adventure...................thanks for sharing it with us.........................FWB

What a story !

Congrats and thanks for sharing :D Cheers:

Fantastic story! Thank you for relating it. Very happy for you that it turned out the way it did. Congratulations on those two beasts and glad you're still with us to tell the tale!

Damn, what a story!

Wow! Glad you lived to tell the tale.

If you need buff Frederik I can help L9 has no shortage.
Best
Jaco
Long story part of it can actually be found on the forum.
One day if my ship comes in I would love to go back and experience it again.

Quality read- thanks for putting it together

Wow great story and glad you made it out in one piece. Congratulations with some beautiful trophies and memories

Doug the issues with Al Shabaab are very isolated and a long distance from Niassa. There are also many military resources from multiple countries having quite a bit of success. The Kwalata logistics were great. They met me on the tarmac as I exited the plane in Pemba. I never felt unsafe for the 12 days I was there. Don't let security concerns keep you away. I would be more worried about the buffalo! It truly is one of the last unspoiled areas of Africa, if you have not been you owe it to yourself to experience it.
Great to hear! Niassa has been on my list for a while now. I’m glad to hear that the security situation is good. From everything I’ve seen and read, it’s a truly wild and beautiful place. Now the wheels are turning……

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Certainly holds true.

Nicely written and a truly exciting tale. I look forward to seeing it in one of the DSC journals.

I also agree with you about Jaco. I have had the pleasure of hunting with him several times and, while my hunts were not as adrenaline generating as yours; they have all been great experiences. I hope the travel restrictions are lifted in time for him to come to the DSC show in Dallas so we can share some memories.

Nicely written and a truly exciting tale. I look forward to seeing it in one of the DSC journals.

I also agree with you about Jaco. I have had the pleasure of hunting with him several times and, while my hunts were not as adrenaline generating as yours; they have all been great experiences. I hope the travel restrictions are lifted in time for him to come to the DSC show in Dallas so we can share some memories.
I hope the travel bans are lifted as well. It will not be the same without Jaco and our friends from Africa being there!

Thank you for sharing your adventure, Niassa is on my short list to hunt one day. I would also add to the list that a silent prayer to the guardian angel that was watching over you is in order. Glad you are ok and only suffered a few inconvenient bruises and a bit difficulity in breathing for a couple weeks.

I really enjoyed your story. Not the way anyone would want a buffalo hunt to go but I am glad it turned out well in the end.

Nice adventure and glad you escaped with minor injuries. Two awesome ancient bulls that were well earned. Congratulations.

Excellent report and hunt! Living to tell about it.............priceless!

well done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim T

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!