Mountain rifles

I'll plug the Sig Cross here. Under 7 lbs before a scope it may not be as light as a Kimber Adirondack or the like, but its still extremely compact with a tool-free fully adjustable stock, its easy carrying and actually fun to shoot unlike the extreme lightweight rifles.

If Col. Cooper were still alive i firmly believe he'd give the Cross his stamp of approval as a close-to-ideal scout rifle.
20240525_150653.jpg

I have one of the last Ed brown Damara 704 built in 300 wm. 7 lbs bare 8.3lb ish with sb 4-16. It will be one of the last rifles to leave my possession. Shoots nosler accubonds and swift scirrocco 180gr 1/2” @ 100 all day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LCXKatie5

Latest profile posts

We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe