Most efficient 3 cartridge spread for dangerous game?

Sure, there are many cartridges that will do-it-all and take everything from plains game to elephant.

But

If you were to choose 3 cartridges (+rifles) to hunt dangerous game. Which 3 would you choose?

A few thoughts:

A. 375--416--458
Basically small, medium and large. The 375 being arguably the most versatile African game cartridge for hunting plains game on up to elephant. The 416s as being similar to the 375 but being more ideal for larger game, less ideal for plains game(?). And the 458 for having the stopping power and authority on Buffalo on up that you don't get with the other two.

B. 375--470 NE--500 Jeff
Same as above except your cutting out the middle and reducing the overlap of the 375 & 416. Adding a 470 NE fills the middle the same as the 458 (similar ballistics/energy) but also opens up the options of carrying a double rifle. For anything above and beyond what you would conceivably need a 470 for, there's the 500J that will take anything and act as a stopping rifle moreso than anything else mentioned so far.

C. 404 Jeff--450 NE --505 Gibbs
The classic Africana threesome?

What combo would you consider? What would the most efficient spread consist of if you were to limit it down to three cartridges?
375 H&H, 404 Jeffery, 470 NE

9.3x64
470NE
Good, but that’s only two. … OP is asking for a “spread” of three cartridges.

Fine print and such.

IMG_0230.gif

What about leopard and lion? .359 RM still wouldn't be my first choice, but it would be legal.
Only in some African countries not all.....375H&H has you covered for all on the kats

Only in some African countries not all.....375H&H has you covered for all on the kats
This from the man that said a .243 was good for giraffe?

Okay, I'm joking. Just messing with you. Seriously, though, does any country require a .375 for leopard? What about lion? I'm not planning on shooting a lion, but leopard is next on my hit list.

Cheers mate,
Doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnnyOveta

Latest profile posts

Here are an update on available dates for 2025

Hunting dates available 2025
1-18 March
2-10 April
17-26 April
13-24 May
2 -30 June
8-16 July
26 July - 7 August
23 August - 30 September
LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia