Most efficient 3 cartridge spread for dangerous game?

.375 Holland & Holland Magnum - BRNO ZKK602 (if I had a choice), Kimber Kaprivi (if limited to currently manufactured options)

.505 Gibbs- Custom Joe Smithson piece built on Granite Mountain Arms African Magnum Mauser action

.600 Nitro Express- Holland & Holland Royal sidelock ejector
 
375H&H Blaser R8.

"Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it!" Clint Smith
 
Leopard 400 H&H 300gr North Fork

Buffalo 400 H&H 400gr North Fork or 370gr Cutting Edge Raptor

Elephant 400 H&H Cutting Edge solid
 
Leopard 400 H&H 300gr North Fork

Buffalo 400 H&H 400gr North Fork or 370gr Cutting Edge Raptor

Elephant 400 H&H Cutting Edge solid
Interesting, I've never actually seen a rifle chambered for 400H&H or commercial ammo for it. That's one of H&H's newer inventions right?
 
.375 zkk brno for long shots upto 200m
.458 Lott Heym martini ( my new gun crush) for general hunting of all big game
.505 on a long action like GMA or Heym ultra / genuine Mauser magnum for big elephants when things get naughty!
 
Interesting, I've never actually seen a rifle chambered for 400H&H or commercial ammo for it. That's one of H&H's newer inventions right?
Yes, I see it as a bolt action, slightly souped-up, 450/400
 
.375 H&H bolt gun with 2-10 x scope
.458 Lott bolt gun with low power 1-6x variable scope. A .450 Rigby would have been much more stylish but much less magazine capacity for little gain.
.500 Nitro in a double with small neat red dot ( aging eyes :cry:… would have loved to say express sights)
 
.375 (H&H, Wby, Ruger): Street legal for DG everywhere
.458 Lott: Readily available and getting into stopping rifle class.
These two are all you need but….
.450/.400: If adding a double
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,349
Messages
1,573,678
Members
169,819
Latest member
memoceptcanada
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top