Minox ZA5 HD 1.2-6x rifle scope

Quaticman

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia
I am looking for a decent quality, reliable scope to mount on my Winchester M70 chambered in .458 Win Mag, which is primarily used as a dangerous game rifle.
My understanding is Meopta scopes are manufactured in Austria using German Schott glass.
In your opinion/experience, does the Minox ZA5 HD 1.2-6x with a German #4 reticle check all of the boxes?

Meoptas are made in the Czech Republic.

I think some the Minox stuff comes from China.

I have several Meopta scopes and am very happy with them.

The only Minox product I ever had was a Minox compact binocular. Not impressed by the quality or durability.

Last edited:
Meopta is made in the Czech Republic as Ruraldoc says… I’ve hunted with them over several states and they stood toe to toe with the quality of build and glass/coatings with Swarovski and Leica!
And this is coming for someone that worked sales for Swarovski, ME!!!
I would look at the Meopta if those were the two choices but I’d personally look for a Leupold VX-6i with the German #4 reticule and without the exposed, adjustable turrets

Also have a look at the Trijacon 1-4 with a picket post reticle. Good eye relief, very fast to use and the one on my 416 Rigby has not missed a beat.

My Model 70 in 416 has a trijicon 1-6.

My Model 70 in 375 has a Meopta 1.7-10.

I have been very happy with both scopes.

I have been using a Meopta R2 in 1,7-10x42 on a 7x57 the last couple of years. Very happy with it. Illuminated reticle, great field of view. At dusk the 42mm lenses has its shortcomings (we can hunt up to one hour after sunset) but I can live with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NildaCresp

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]