Mannlicher Schoenauer

yamoon

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
NRA Life, ASSRA, GCCA
Back in 2019 I was infected with the MS disease, so I bought an MCA stutzen online. The price was right, but the caliber was not exactly what I would preferred, yes Bob a 243. When it arrived, I was very disappointed, the rifle was built in 1963 and was like new, I put it on the scale almost 9 pounds, 20 inch barrel with scope and wide leather sling. I wanted a light quick handling carbine, I got an overweight pig. I was determined to hunt it anyway. 2021 got Covid during deer season, 2022 came down with Plantar Fasciitis and could hardly walk, 2023 didn’t get back from NZ & Australia until season was half over, this year God willing and the creek don’t rise, I will be out among them on opening day. Going to the range tomorrow make sure the pig is still sighted in.
Mike

The 1963 models have a much different stock than the pre-war variants, and that is a good bit of your weight. Also, post war models share an action that is a bit larger as well. Even though you have a .243, the action is actually the same as a .30-06. My M1903 weighs in at six and a half without the scope mounted. How much does your scope weigh?

Have fun with this rifle, and then get your hands on a pre-war model!

The 1963 models have a much different stock than the pre-war variants, and that is a good bit of your weight. Also, post war models share an action that is a bit larger as well. Even though you have a .243, the action is actually the same as a .30-06. My M1903 weighs in at six and a half without the scope mounted. How much does your scope weigh?

Have fun with this rifle, and then get your hands on a pre-war model!
I weighed it without scope and sling I don’t remember the exact weight, but it was over 8 lbs. Shot it today with Norma Whitetail ammo, average velocity from a 20 inch barrel was 2770 fps.
Mike

The 1963 models have a much different stock than the pre-war variants, and that is a good bit of your weight.

Stoeger, 1962:
MS Model MCA 1962 Stoeger.jpg

N

After the disappointment with the MCA I bought a 1910 9.5x57 full stock. Bought a recoil shield today to work up some loads.
Mike
My M1910 was I believe made in 1910 or 1911... Scope is on Viennese mounts, sold by Johann Springer Erben (and so marked), weighs in at 7 pounds, 3 ounces, not loaded, no sling.

I'm away from my rifles right now, but remind me in a month. I have an M1903 proofed in 1922. The original stock was cracked, a smith in Stuttgart found a post-war stock for it. I can post a photo of the two stocks side by side, and you can easily see the differences. The pre-war stock is much more svelte. What I really need is someone with a stock duplicator so I can have a nice one made.

I have always wanted a British proofed M1910 9.5x57 MS. I do have an early MS in 256 (6.5x54) by the English Gunmaker Henry Atkin. I had it restocked duplicating the original stock and checking as well as had an EAW side mount and scope added. The rifle is still very light after adding the scope.
MS13.JPG
MS14.JPG
MS9.jpg
MS3.jpg
MS8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayfordEny

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia