Want To Buy 450-400 NE Heym Double Rifle

Have had a couple of good responses however 1- was a lefty and the other was a 458 win mag I do thank both of you gentleman but as I am right handed shooter left hand was out and as I already have a 470 heym I was able to purchase on this site 458 win mag is out . However I am not going to loose hope as you guys have a 450-400 some where for sale willing to buy the right one. Thanks again

Have had a couple of good responses however 1- was a lefty and the other was a 458 win mag I do thank both of you gentleman but as I am right handed shooter left hand was out and as I already have a 470 heym I was able to purchase on this site 458 win mag is out . However I am not going to loose hope as you guys have a 450-400 some where for sale willing to buy the right one. Thanks again
This is really one the big benefits of this site. I have purchased several rifles in this same manner on this site. You could go to 50 "local gun stores" across the country and likely never run into a rifle like this. However, on here you have virtually a world wide audience, just post what you're looking for and more likely than not somebody on here has one, or that particular brass, optic, or whatever it may be that you are in search of. Good luck on the hunt for your Heym.

@Altitude sickness
What is the vertical fin with the two holes in it behind the express leaf sights?

Screenshot 2024-10-19 at 3.38.53 PM.png

Last edited:
Wow. I have not seen a Rigby DR for under $20k before. I cannot see this is made in CA either. They would have Paso Robles on the barrel. thoughts ?
I have a Paso Robles bolt gun in 375 (very happy with it), and the gold inlaid monogram script on this gun is precisely the same as on my bolt gun. Makes me think this is probably a CA gun but I guess the SN would tell the tale.

Wow. I have not seen a Rigby DR for under $20k before. I cannot see this is made in CA either. They would have Paso Robles on the barrel. thoughts ?
I believe it is stamped as a California Rigby on the barrel. Had to zoom in and not real clear but looks like to me.

Thanks for the info very pretty wondering if it is refurbished or what ? I don’t know if I have ever seen a rigby dr that price. Heym is what I’m go to keep hoping for in the 20,000. To 30,000. Range for the right one

I have a Paso Robles bolt gun in 375 (very happy with it), and the gold inlaid monogram script on this gun is precisely the same as on my bolt gun. Makes me think this is probably a CA gun but I guess the SN would tell the tale.
I have a CA 470 DR and JJ Perodeau called it perfect when he gave it his once over. It is a joy to shoot and awesome extremely high grade wood and engraving with elephant, lion and cape buff all gold embossed! However JJ did say I was lucky!!! He has seen some bad ones

I have a CA 470 DR and JJ Perodeau called it perfect when he gave it his once over. It is a joy to shoot and awesome extremely high grade wood and engraving with elephant, lion and cape buff all gold embossed! However JJ did say I was lucky!!! He has seen some bad ones
I know people like to rag on the CA guns but my CA double square bridge Mauser in 375 is gorgeous, perfectly balanced, 100% reliable, and the most accurate rifle I own. Pretty is as pretty does.

@Buckmaster1 it might be worth sending this one to JJ to see if it's ok and maybe steal a bargain.

Yes jj is only about an hour and half from me I live in Tahlequah ok . But I think I will hold out for a heym if at all possible. Worse case is ordering one and waiting 2 or 3 years to get it.

I know people like to rag on the CA guns but my CA double square bridge Mauser in 375 is gorgeous, perfectly balanced, 100% reliable, and the most accurate rifle I own. Pretty is as pretty does.

@Buckmaster1 it might be worth sending this one to JJ to see if it's ok and maybe steal a bargain.
Outstanding idea !!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Celsa8875

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia