Mad Minute

Also the bolt is almost immediately above the trigger so there is less hand movement needed than with a Mauser.

I was on a Canadian Rangers shooting team that shot CFSAC at Connaught Range. We routinely shot 10 rounds in under 30 seconds, at 200 yards using Mk4 Lee Enfields. 38 hits in a minute is a fantastic number, at 300 yards.

When I lived in Houston we shot Across the Course Highpower which included Rapid Fire sitting and prone, 10 shots in 60 seconds. Then BP and Shell moved in major operations in west Houston and we got guys coming in from the UK. These guys used SMLE rifles. The SMLE is a cock on opening action as opposed to a cock on closing Mauser action. We were amazed to see how these SMLEs were shot. With a cock on opening you pull the trigger with the middle finger, you flip the bolt with the index, and close the bolt with the thumb. A good guy can shoot a SMLE really fast.
You have it reversed. Lee Enfield actions are COC, as is the Mauser 96. The Mauser 98 is COO.

CT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickyKitso

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.