Looking for taxidermist recommendation in Central Florida

Patrick375

Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa
Hi everybody! As title suggests, I'm looking for a taxidermist in Central Florida who does good work on African animals. I've heard good things about Harden's in Thomasville, GA, but they're 4+ hours away and have quite the backlog. Looking for somebody in Jacksonville, Gainesville, Tampa, Orlando, Fort Myers, etc. Thanks in advance!

Nice steenbok in your prof pic!

Hope the little guy is included.

Send em to Texas and they will ship em back! Lots of good taxidermist out here

I did not
Contact @gizmo and his Top of Texas Taxidermy. He is in Amarillo but ships and has done lots of work for folks all over the country. He is also an AH forum sponsor.

I’m not in FL but I am very reasonable and ship coast to coast.

Skins and Scales in Naples. FL. He's done at least 12 mounts for me. Two of them he used for display at an SCI convention. Many years ago.
PM me if you would like to discuss his work in more detail.
I also have a guy in Miami that does great work at a reasonable price.

Expressions of Wildlife in Pensacola did good by me.

You have a couple of very good ones there
Bo Reed in Bushnell about a mile East off I75 (I’m pretty sure Bo retired finally but hopefully his folks took over the shop… now called Nature Coast Taxidermy)
Bo was world class and did all mine
You also have John Pyles in Orlando who is great and does the work for many prominent African hunters

These guys have done thousands of high end African mounts and do great work. I live in TN and don’t have anyone like them to my knowledge still

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThinusS

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED