HAS ANYONE EVER TAKEN A SHIP

Before huge cargo/container ships became common, (about 50 years ago ?), mIxed passenger/cargo ships were sailing around the globe.

I traveled from Karachi to Gibraltar in one of those,

I have a friend who holds a captain’s license. Unlimited tonnage. He sells yachts. (Sound of wheels spinning.)

If my friend can’t go, how about this captain?

IMG_0794.gif

Last edited:
Onboard a vessel it is the laws of the vessels flagstate that applies, most of them do not allow firearms onboard with the exception of small arms used by contracted armed guards when a vessel is sailing in certain waters (be it guards against pirats or polar bears).
Thanks for the clarification, we briefly discussed it in the maritime Law section of my class fours but class four is limited to 100nautical miles from sure so it only mentions Canadian and American ports.

It also needs to be said: one could sail in a steam boat up the river into the very Heart of Darkness (great book; amazing how Conrad only learned English after French and his native Polish).

Sorry, meant to add this.
Aranui.com

What river would be big enough for a boat safari. Zambezi and lake Kariba?
The Germans hid a cruiser up a river somewhere. I think Richard Meitzenberger was responsible for locating it so the allies could sink it. WW1

A fine group of literate retired men. Cigars, fine liquor. Decks of cards.
I can see a book written of this adventure. Maybe a cameraman.

Lon

No cameraman. What happens on board ship, stays on board ship.:unsure::A Whistle::E Rofl:

We must be respectful and courteous of the wifeys and not burden them by seeing how much fun the men had away from home.:E Rofl:

Onboard a vessel it is the laws of the vessels flagstate that applies, most of them do not allow firearms onboard with the exception of small arms used by contracted armed guards when a vessel is sailing in certain waters (be it guards against pirats or polar bears).

I'll gladly volunteer for armed guard security duty in exchange for a discount ticket if/when I pull the trigger on bad guys.

Trophy fee's on Somali pirates

That's why working as an armed guard pulling security I would want the discounted ticket. To offset the trophy fees and daily rate. ;)

No trigger time on pirates. No discount on ticket. Seems fair.

I seem to remember that a group of Navy Seal snipers successfully pulled off 3 simultaneous head shots on Somali pirates, from a wave-tossed small craft in the successful rescue of Capt. Phillips. I also recall that Obama authorized the shot: one of the only Presidential decisions he made that I can get behind.....

Hunt Anything

If this were feasible, is burial at sea an optional extra? .Asking for a friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanks

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!