Looking for advice…

Done 8 safaris, never taken a package.

Daily rate and pricelist, then you choose in the field. If your PH is a decent guy, he will point to you those animals worth shooting.
That's what I've found on my hunts in Zimbabwe as well.

As I sit here in Johannesburg waiting to board my flight back to Dulles in Washington DC, please know this. I generally fly Pittsburgh to Newark then direct to JNB on United. The long flight is about 14-15 hours. This trip, to get a cheaper business seat, I am flying Qatar. That’s an 8 1/2 hr flight from JNB to Doha, 3 hr layover, then 14 1/2 flight to Dulles. The fact that they changed planes and there are no Q-suites on this flight home, nor any Q-suites on the flight over, that is disappointing, then I have to endure several hours of additional flight time. I’ll go back to flying United or you can consider Delta through Atlanta.
Thank you for the info. Do you have any trouble taking rifles through Dulles?

Plenty of good advice given so far. Create a big check list. Expand your list of animals to hunt and have multiple conversations/discussions with more than one outfitter. Confirm their concessions and opportunities to hunt the animals you desire and have several animals as alternatives. Be open to opportunities with your planning and while on your hunt. If you have extra time and can afford it, take a couple extra days, you won’t regret it.

You may want to consider Emirates Airlines. I flew with them on my most recent trip and it went really well. Can’t say that for my last trip with Delta!

Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VelmaKnipe

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?