Look what AH made me buy...

Image1657820104.310380.jpg

It has finally arrived in the Belgian gun store! Only a few more weeks for a passage at the Liège Proofhouse and I’ll have it finally in my hands!

I’m stoked!

So, you can tell us now. (we will keep it a secret)
What will you hunt next?
Buffalo?

Congrats on this beauty!

I'm not actually sure I'll be able to put larger caliber barrel sets on this Heym action. I believe Heym divides it up into light, safari and jumbo action, with the small one (or the light if you will) having as the biggest caliber a .375H&H. What I could do however is in time, go for a set of 20ga shotgun barrels :)

See below from the Heym price and option list:
View attachment 425728
well, the 470 chapstick and others are patterned off the 375 H&H case...congrats on a penultimate rifle!

Thank you for all the messages, I’ve been a bit busy to respond earlier, with the wedding preparations (D-7)

Yes she will be joining me on hunts in Africa or elsewhere. Perhaps October there might be possibilities but nothing 100% sure yet. If this looks to become reality, I might ask you for restaurant recommendations somewhere @Kevin Peacocke ;)

She does have competition from my 416 Rigby Vereecke for elephant or buffalo… we will see how the dice rolls. First priority is always to bring the most appropriate equipment for the animal in question.

But yeah, I’ve been staring at pictures of her every couple of hours and can’t wait to finally shoulder her. :)

Some news: I’m picking it up on the 16th of September! Just a couple days after my birthday. More pics will be incoming!

Some news: I’m picking it up on the 16th of September! Just a couple days after my birthday. More pics will be incoming!
If you don't like it, can I just reimburse your expenses and take it off your hands?

:cool:

If you don't like it, can I just reimburse your expenses and take it off your hands?

:cool:
Or if we happen to find ourselves in the same camp, you could always take it and make a run for it! :D

but in all seriousness, it would be nice seeing you shoot the first rounds with it on African soil !

Hello all,

Much has changed since I signed up in January of 2021 on this forum. I went on my first safari in Africa, met lot's of wonderful people on this site and now, thanks to AH member @rookhawk who took interest in my search for something truly fine, yet still reacheable, I am now (almost) the new owner of a double. I say almost, because the purchase was made through a bid on Holts September 2021 auction (today) and right now, no money has left my pocket yet and no rifle is to be found in my hands or gun safe. But this will change rapidly in the coming weeks and months.

Without much further ado, here is my latest acquisition, a "forever rifle", one for the (future) great grand children to fight over some day, but for now to be cherished by myself:

An Andrea Scholz engraved Heym 88b light model boxlock ejector double rifle, in almost new condition (had someone inspect in my place), with interchangeable 7x65r and 375H&H barrels. Together with each barrel set are two identical Zeiss Victory HT 1.5-6x42 scopes (+an aimpoint), and (together with some snap caps, sling, and other accessories) , all of it packaged in a fine ostrich leather case. The pictures below are from the auction obviously.

I can't wait to hold this beauty in my hands!

View attachment 425708

View attachment 425709

View attachment 425710

View attachment 425711

View attachment 425712
Hello all,

Much has changed since I signed up in January of 2021 on this forum. I went on my first safari in Africa, met lot's of wonderful people on this site and now, thanks to AH member @rookhawk who took interest in my search for something truly fine, yet still reacheable, I am now (almost) the new owner of a double. I say almost, because the purchase was made through a bid on Holts September 2021 auction (today) and right now, no money has left my pocket yet and no rifle is to be found in my hands or gun safe. But this will change rapidly in the coming weeks and months.

Without much further ado, here is my latest acquisition, a "forever rifle", one for the (future) great grand children to fight over some day, but for now to be cherished by myself:

An Andrea Scholz engraved Heym 88b light model boxlock ejector double rifle, in almost new condition (had someone inspect in my place), with interchangeable 7x65r and 375H&H barrels. Together with each barrel set are two identical Zeiss Victory HT 1.5-6x42 scopes (+an aimpoint), and (together with some snap caps, sling, and other accessories) , all of it packaged in a fine ostrich leather case. The pictures below are from the auction obviously.

I can't wait to hold this beauty in my hands!

View attachment 425708

View attachment 425709

View attachment 425710

View attachment 425711

View attachment 425712

I am so jealous I need to throw up....

Congrats on your new toy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meiyejiujie262

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?