Long time waiting for this one

Cam Moon

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
It took me about 12 years to get drawn for this guy! (Alberta, Canada)
Then it took twice as long as estimated for the taxidermist (covid related issues) but I've finally got him home!
I'm pleased with the mount.
20220130_170229.jpg
20220130_170012.jpg
20220125_223632.jpg

Where abouts were you drawn?

It took me about 12 years to get drawn for this guy! (Alberta, Canada)
Then it took twice as long as estimated for the taxidermist (covid related issues) but I've finally got him home!
I'm pleased with the mount.
View attachment 449814View attachment 449815View attachment 449816
Beautiful mount and animal. Pronghorn colors and contrasts make for one of the most beautiful mounts. Pronghorn are not given proper credit. Most hunters are done in one morning and miss the boat. I really enjoy seeing all the bucks and analyzing their horns for length, mass and prong length. It’s a challenging animal to judge and really fun to see lots of them and come away with an above average trophy.

Congrats, looking good!

@Aaron N I'm not sure if you want the WMU or the general location, so here's all of it. Code was 808 which included 160,162,163,164, and 166. I got him near Hannah in WMU 164. Have you hunted them?

Thank you Randy!

Very nice Pronnghorn! I’m jealous, as we have to wait (typically) quite a bit longer than that in Arizona.
Thank you! You have to wait quite a bit longer??? WOW!!! How long of a wait in Arizona?

@Scott CWO I totally agree! I think they are a beautiful animal and they DON'T all look the same. Mine has a few different things that gives him a bit of character, and I'm happy with the job done on him.

Thank you! You have to wait quite a bit longer??? WOW!!! How long of a wait in Arizona?
Average is mid 20 years. Our draw system is quite complicated, but there are some lucky folks that get drawn sooner, but I think there is a better chance of actually winning the lottery than drawing Pronghorn before 20 years of applications.

@Aaron N I'm not sure if you want the WMU or the general location, so here's all of it. Code was 808 which included 160,162,163,164, and 166. I got him near Hannah in WMU 164. Have you hunted them?
No, haven’t been that lucky with the draws! Yours looks great!

Got one years ago in Montana, not as nice as yours but hey I got one.

Good antelope for Alberta and nice mount. Who did the work.

Nice looking Pronghorn @Cam Moon .
I wasn't even going to mount mine last year, but my wife said she preferred shoulder mounts to euros. How do you argue with a lady that thinks like that. Now it is one of my favorite mounts. They just set up beautifully.

Good antelope for Alberta and nice mount. Who did the work.
Tyler @ High Point Taxidermy out of Rimby

Got one years ago in Montana, not as nice as yours but hey I got one.
The thing I like about them is that they are alĺ nice. Did you get yours mounted? If so, I would love to see it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MagdalenaK

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?