Long time waiting for this one

Cam Moon

AH elite
Joined
Nov 10, 2018
Messages
1,076
Reaction score
2,336
Location
Alberta Canada
Media
99
Hunting reports
Africa
1
It took me about 12 years to get drawn for this guy! (Alberta, Canada)
Then it took twice as long as estimated for the taxidermist (covid related issues) but I've finally got him home!
I'm pleased with the mount.
20220130_170229.jpg
20220130_170012.jpg
20220125_223632.jpg
 
Where abouts were you drawn?
 
It took me about 12 years to get drawn for this guy! (Alberta, Canada)
Then it took twice as long as estimated for the taxidermist (covid related issues) but I've finally got him home!
I'm pleased with the mount.
View attachment 449814View attachment 449815View attachment 449816
Beautiful mount and animal. Pronghorn colors and contrasts make for one of the most beautiful mounts. Pronghorn are not given proper credit. Most hunters are done in one morning and miss the boat. I really enjoy seeing all the bucks and analyzing their horns for length, mass and prong length. It’s a challenging animal to judge and really fun to see lots of them and come away with an above average trophy.
 
Congrats, looking good!
 
@Aaron N I'm not sure if you want the WMU or the general location, so here's all of it. Code was 808 which included 160,162,163,164, and 166. I got him near Hannah in WMU 164. Have you hunted them?
 
Thank you Randy!
 
Very nice Pronnghorn! I’m jealous, as we have to wait (typically) quite a bit longer than that in Arizona.
Thank you! You have to wait quite a bit longer??? WOW!!! How long of a wait in Arizona?
 
@Scott CWO I totally agree! I think they are a beautiful animal and they DON'T all look the same. Mine has a few different things that gives him a bit of character, and I'm happy with the job done on him.
 
Thank you! You have to wait quite a bit longer??? WOW!!! How long of a wait in Arizona?
Average is mid 20 years. Our draw system is quite complicated, but there are some lucky folks that get drawn sooner, but I think there is a better chance of actually winning the lottery than drawing Pronghorn before 20 years of applications.
 
@Aaron N I'm not sure if you want the WMU or the general location, so here's all of it. Code was 808 which included 160,162,163,164, and 166. I got him near Hannah in WMU 164. Have you hunted them?
No, haven’t been that lucky with the draws! Yours looks great!
 
Got one years ago in Montana, not as nice as yours but hey I got one.
 
Good antelope for Alberta and nice mount. Who did the work.
 
Nice looking Pronghorn @Cam Moon .
I wasn't even going to mount mine last year, but my wife said she preferred shoulder mounts to euros. How do you argue with a lady that thinks like that. Now it is one of my favorite mounts. They just set up beautifully.
 
Good antelope for Alberta and nice mount. Who did the work.
Tyler @ High Point Taxidermy out of Rimby
 
Got one years ago in Montana, not as nice as yours but hey I got one.
The thing I like about them is that they are alĺ nice. Did you get yours mounted? If so, I would love to see it!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,335
Messages
1,573,242
Members
169,726
Latest member
FayChecchi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top