Lion Hunt Outfitter

I wouldn’t take it too personally. If you had a good hunt previously and he has a good reputation and a good area follow up at SCI like he asked. He might be sold out a long time in advance or just feels in person is the way to plan a hunt of that caliber plus he probably was busy.
Completely agree here! Your outfitter knows the high cost of what you are asking and my take is he is respecting you in asking to meet you face to face to discuss. Respectfully I think you are thinking the exact opposite of what your outfitter is conveying to you

With it being the height of his safari season, he is probably in the bush somewhere and may not have visibility on which calendar dates are available (but his secretary back at the office, might). I agree with the others that his statement to get on his calendar is a signal that he wants to block off a time period dedicated to discussing your hunt in greater detail.

Roll with it!

Hi guys,

Just a little bit of a rant here, but looking for thoughts on a recent experience I had with an outfitter that I hunted buffalo with in Tanzania a few years ago. I recently reached out to him asking his thoughts about a lion hunt and he said he had some in his concession in Tanzania. We chatted a bit on WhatsApp about it, and then he asked if I was going to the shows and I said I would probably go to SCI. He said well let's talk there. Make an appointment and see me at my booth. At that point in my mind I heard "get with my secretary and get on my calendar", and it turned me off completely to put it mildly. I realize it's hunting season and he was probably busy, but that came across like he wasn't taking me seriously. I only reached out to him because I hunted with his outfit before. Maybe I am taking that a bit hard, but to me if I am going to lay out the kind of cash for a true wild lion hunt, then I would expect better than that.

Thoughts?
Better to call than to message, no misunderstandings…

Just my Thoughts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iuyterhg679

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia