Lion Hunt Outfitter

I wouldn’t take it too personally. If you had a good hunt previously and he has a good reputation and a good area follow up at SCI like he asked. He might be sold out a long time in advance or just feels in person is the way to plan a hunt of that caliber plus he probably was busy.
Completely agree here! Your outfitter knows the high cost of what you are asking and my take is he is respecting you in asking to meet you face to face to discuss. Respectfully I think you are thinking the exact opposite of what your outfitter is conveying to you
 
With it being the height of his safari season, he is probably in the bush somewhere and may not have visibility on which calendar dates are available (but his secretary back at the office, might). I agree with the others that his statement to get on his calendar is a signal that he wants to block off a time period dedicated to discussing your hunt in greater detail.

Roll with it!
 
Hi guys,

Just a little bit of a rant here, but looking for thoughts on a recent experience I had with an outfitter that I hunted buffalo with in Tanzania a few years ago. I recently reached out to him asking his thoughts about a lion hunt and he said he had some in his concession in Tanzania. We chatted a bit on WhatsApp about it, and then he asked if I was going to the shows and I said I would probably go to SCI. He said well let's talk there. Make an appointment and see me at my booth. At that point in my mind I heard "get with my secretary and get on my calendar", and it turned me off completely to put it mildly. I realize it's hunting season and he was probably busy, but that came across like he wasn't taking me seriously. I only reached out to him because I hunted with his outfit before. Maybe I am taking that a bit hard, but to me if I am going to lay out the kind of cash for a true wild lion hunt, then I would expect better than that.

Thoughts?
Better to call than to message, no misunderstandings…

Just my Thoughts
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,216
Members
169,510
Latest member
SelenaWick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top