Let's talk Ibex hunting

I'm pretty sure he is very much alive. But his businesses had a rough go of it. I will leave it at that.
Ah now I see. Looks like his name is well known in the outfitter world and he scammed some people out of big money for some of his asian hunts. Also seeing poaching convinctions in Canada.

Lots of drama.

Honestly, if you are concerned about price creep, I would book a North America mountain goat hunt immediately. They seem to be sky rocketing in price.
Mtn goats are a whole subject as you say...I drew the Kodiak tag after 3 years and couldn't go!

Oh man!!! That is heart breaking!
The rest of that story is I ended up on a cancellation leopard hunt…didn’t get the cat but got a 50# ele, 42” eland, 6” duiker, old kudu, zebra and a dozen impala for bait.

I’ve done Tajikistan twice. Amazing adventure hunts. The scenery from Dushanbe to the hunt area in the Pamirs is worth the price of admission (and you will see the Taliban on the other side of the river). It’s really hard to put into words how amazing that part of the world is unless you’ve been there.

IMG_8291.jpeg
IMG_2492.jpeg
IMG_8202.jpeg
IMG_8281.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
To your point. Sheep prices have gone crazy. Ibex are still very reasonable.

To help justify your cost. The 2024 Colorado and New Mexico governors Bighorn sheep tags auction at $600k each.

Has anyone drawn and hunted the New Mexico Ibex

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhoebeRade

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with