Let’s see your pup

Picking up my first puppy in a few weeks from Kerrybrook Labradors in my home state of Ohio! He’ll be my service dog, hunting companion, and new best friend. Here’s Peregrine (Perry/Pippin), named after General Sir Peregrine Maitland (British officer) and Peregrine Took (Brave LOTR Hobbit):
IMG_1962.jpeg
IMG_2531.jpeg

Dixie Jack Russel/Border Collie just a pup, going to try and make a tracking dog out of her
0D23AE36-6577-488C-AB87-AEBBDFF15859.jpeg

We have a ten month old Small Munsterlander pup. A versatile hunting dog suitable for upland, waterfowl, and big game tracking.

She's recovered two deer so far and her first pheasant hunt is this weekend!

Resized_20231219_130955.JPEG
Resized_20231219_131011.JPEG

My hideous mongrels.
(Actually somewhat expensive but worth every penny, Irish Terriers).
L to R:
Lilly Langtree, age 2 years.
2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
Teddy Roosevelt.

IMG_8388.jpeg
IMG_8386.png
IMG_8385.jpeg
IMG_8383.png
IMG_8384.png
IMG_8382.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hunting dogs are God’s gift to us.
I love them.

Cash is my 13 year old Golden Doodle (Phantom color) that we rescued from a puppy mill when he was about four months old. About the only thing he hunts are snacks and a place to nap. He is my best buddy and a constant companion, and no doubt I will be wrecked when he graduates to the next life.

PS - This is a great thread.

20230528_131512.jpg

Hey Mal - she’s looking good. I think I met her at WBB one year?

Bo - German Shepard: 8.5 Year old cancer survivor.
IMG_5002.jpeg

IMG_8366.jpeg

Luna: San Pablo Bay Retriver (Pitbull) 2.5 Year old.
IMG_4854.jpeg

IMG_0105.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 10.44.58 AM.jpeg

69977063650__A59EAFC8-7747-4D8C-9FE6-C3BE3CE46FEE.jpeg

IMG_3358.jpeg

Birdie: Jagdterrier 3 months.
IMG_0388.jpeg

IMG_0414.jpeg

Birdie getting retrieving lessons in the San Pablo Bay.

IMG_0660.jpeg

The pack that plays together, lays together- on their dedicated Futon…
IMG_0377.jpeg

My girl Kali is not doing well. After visiting the vet yesterday, we learned that she has lost some weight. The Vet pointed out that her rear legs have lost a lot of muscle mass. Which explains why she has been very lethargic. Waiting for the test results to see what's wrong and come up with a game plan. I'm praying that it's nothing serious, but I'm preparing myself for the worst.

I posted a picture of her earlier on here. We rescued her from a shelter at 8 years old to give her a wonderful life in our home. I hate that these beautiful dogs don't live long.

My apologies for posting this on here, but I figure if anyone, you all would understand the pain we are going through. Thank you!

View attachment 578331

Sorry. There is nothing to describe the pain and sadness dealing with a sick dog or losing a dog who is a member of the family. It never leaves you….

Sorry. There is nothing to describe the pain and sadness dealing with a sick dog or losing a dog who is a member of the family. It never leaves you….
You’re right about that. We lost two from 2018-2022. My stepdaughter painted a portrait of our last boy for Christmas this year. Had her Mom and myself both in tears.

You’re right about that. We lost two from 2018-2022. My stepdaughter painted a portrait of our last boy for Christmas this year. Had her Mom and myself both in tears.

Yup, dogs make life better. You can’t fool a dog. The hey know who is naturally good and who to trust. You imprint on them and their paws put an indelible mark on your heart. I think that’s why our hearts break a little (or a lot) when they move on…

Then, when the timing is right, or for some unknown reason, another ray of sunshine enters your life. And for however many years you are lucky enough to have with them, your heart fills back up and things are better. Only dog people understand this…

RenderedImage.jpeg

Yup, dogs make life better. You can’t fool a dog. The hey know who is naturally good and who to trust. You imprint on them and their paws put an indelible mark on your heart. I think that’s why our hearts break a little (or a lot) when they move on…

Then, when the timing is right, or for some unknown reason, another ray of sunshine enters your life. And for however many years you are lucky enough to have with them, your heart fills back up and things are better. Only dog people understand this…

View attachment 578697
Yep.
Grandpa once told me...
A dog will love you unconditionally.
A cat will expect you to love it unconditionally.
:E Shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CristineDe

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with