Leopard Optics

I’m leaving work and I’ll have one as soon as I get home!
You can bet as soon as I get.out of this office today I'm about to light the grill and have one. I even have the night off from my part time bartending gig!
 
You can bet as soon as I get.out of this office today I'm about to light the grill and have one. I even have the night off from my part time bartending gig!
You bartending gig is true dedication, it’s gonna make your leopard even sweeter
 
I do love the Swarovski Z6i line, as well as the Leupold Vx-6 but for a low light scope the Zeiss Victory HT 3-12x56 with illuminated reticle is just amazing. It’s incredibly bright and the dot is wonderfully fine and precise. I honestly don’t think there’s anything better.
Canadaboy I've always said I think Swaro has better resolution for long range shots. But a Zeiss Victory is damn hard to beat for extreme low light hunting applications.
 
The older I get the harder it is to be tough:ROFLMAO: it is wearing me down, but I'm making some real progress in the ole' safari account!
You bartending gig is true dedication, it’s gonna make your leopard even sweeter though
 
The older I get the harder it is to be tough:ROFLMAO: it is wearing me down, but I'm making some real progress in the ole' safari account!
I wouldn’t trust a bartender that wasn’t sipping one while working.
 
I might take a 308 for the job. I have a 300 Norma barrel for that same rifle but I don't know that it would be a whole lot less blast
Out of curiosity what would peoples opinions be on a 25/06 with a propper bullet of course. I do have my dad's 25/06 and I might just take it, if the old quarter bore is adequate for cat hunting?
I’ve no experience of shooting leopard but imho a 25-06 at less than 100 yds would do a lot of unnecessary damage to your trophy. 30 caliber, 308,30-06 or a 7x57/275 would be nice for the job.
 
Cajun pasta with grilled ribeye in the works with some cheap ass champagne!
20230929_171317_HDR.jpg
 
I just bought an Uberti Courtney stalking rifle in 45/70. I'm not a huge fan of single shot rifles for DG but in the case of a leopard blind it would probably be all right. If there is any question about the shot I'm switching to my double before we go follow up anyway. I had a discussion with York on our last hunt about how they handle that very situation and I was very impressed with their system for dealing with that. I would feel comfortable in the stack with York Zvito and Sunny boy. Really a pretty neat method that the 3 of them use, I mean nobody wants to have to go after a wounded cat, but if you are a PH I assume you are going to run into that situation occasionally.
If memory serves me correctly… fat chance of that… Back in the ‘70’s, gun writer John Wooters used a Ruger #1 .45/70 on a leopard. I believe the bullet was a 400gr Speer.
Stick a good illuminated scope on that rig, I think it makes a lot of sense for a leopard, although I’d want something else for “follow up”.
As far as the .338 Lapua for the cat, I say why not? Many have stated they’d use a .300 mag. The Lapua is basically a large .300.
I have no skin in the game as I have no desire to hunt Leopard, but being a nut about hunting Africa, I’d I were going for a leopard, I’d use a ..30/06 with 180gr Hornady Interlocks and topped with a 2.5-12.5x Trijicon or if I had the $$$, a 1.7-13.3x Swaro.
 
For those debating different bullets for leopard, here is what a .338 Winchester with 225 grain Bearclaw exit side looks like. I don’t know what could be better. The actual hole was almost as large as a quarter.
IMG_8095.jpeg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,018
Members
169,687
Latest member
WallaceBlo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top