Leather work

GA Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Does anybody have a good source for custom leather work?? Thinking of things like shell holders, slings, belts, etc. I've got a buffalo hide on its way and I'm going to need someone in a few months.

Sure give me a shout. I do quite a bit. A few examples are below.
IMG_2165.JPG
IMG_2166.JPG
IMG_2167.JPG
IMG_2216.JPG
50830489845__E2FB75E0-8593-4923-941D-1ABF21EB2152.JPG
IMG_2238.JPG
I have a rifle sling that was just finished up not to long ago as well. It matches the honey colored elephant satchel and gun case. I can take photos of it if you'd like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly the kind of work I am looking for but most of the items I currently have in mind are much simpler. Is there a particular tannery here in the states that you recommend?

Exactly the kind of work I am looking for but most of the items I currently have in mind are much simpler. Is there a particular tannery here in the states that you recommend?
I'll pm you.

i had my elephant hide tanned in zim,they do the best work and the price i paid was 10.00 a square foot.

This leads to another question I have. I have a great big giraffe skin coming over. I don't want to know what it's going to weigh. However I would like to have a wingback chair covered in giraffe. Would be a decorative office chair. I have local upholstery guys but do I trust them cutting up my skin? Anyone have a company or person that could do this?

I woulf think have the hide tanned in it's country of origin would save costs on shipping less weight. speak with your leather smith about what thickness he prefers to work with.

Getting the wheels turning, myself. I'm planning to have at least one of my buffalo back skins from this fall tanned for some leather goods

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fdhreyf43562

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well