Large Botswana Bull

@M70375!

Congrats on the bull- hopefully one of our members can get the pic posted for you.

As for heat exhaustion- I’ve been there and as others have stated, it will affect you from now on and you are more susceptible to it.

Much like a boxer becomes “chinny” after a bad knock out - you need to be very careful especially in the immediate future of putting your body through any heat stress …. Even a sauna could be BAD news!

I am getting more curious by the minute. The suspension is killing me. :ROFLMAO:

I have tried to load on Safari and Chrome and had Apple support help me , but I can never get pics to load on this website, frustrating!
If you think the picture is to big (file size) and you have it saved on a iPhone; you can email it to yourself….before you hit send; you will be given the option of reducing the file size.
1723995470866.jpeg

Sending in other sizes help pictures get through , open them and save further on is as usual .

re: the heat stroke,

the best way to avoid or minimize is to recognize it coming on and stop what you are doing, pause and cool off as best you can immediately. "pushing thru" heat stroke does not work and if you continue working, hunting etc. without a cool down period you can get terribly sick or die.

re: recovery,

i would continue to use liquid IV or something like that and start with mild exercise like walking short distances with water on hand and slowly build up your endurance. walking with someone would be a good idea at first so they can go get a vehicle if your exercise proves to be too much. i suspect you will get better in small gradual steps.

re: the elephant

congrats! when i had a problem with a video, i had @BRICKBURN help me out, he was a great help.

re: the heat stroke,

the best way to avoid or minimize is to recognize it coming on and stop what you are doing, pause and cool off as best you can immediately. "pushing thru" heat stroke does not work and if you continue working, hunting etc. without a cool down period you can get terribly sick or die.

re: recovery,

i would continue to use liquid IV or something like that and start with mild exercise like walking short distances with water on hand and slowly build up your endurance. walking with someone would be a good idea at first so they can go get a vehicle if your exercise proves to be too much. i suspect you will get better in small gradual steps.

re: the elephant

congrats! when i had a problem with a video, i had @BRICKBURN help me out, he was a great help.
Thanks your thoughts , are you thinking I should still be going to the doc and getting more IV treatments, I had one IV in Africa. I still feel weak and crappy especially when the sun hits me, though I think I am very slowly getting better.
I will try to get the videos posted. Thank you Sir.

@M70375!

Congrats on the bull- hopefully one of our members can get the pic posted for you.

As for heat exhaustion- I’ve been there and as others have stated, it will affect you from now on and you are more susceptible to it.

Much like a boxer becomes “chinny” after a bad knock out - you need to be very careful especially in the immediate future of putting your body through any heat stress …. Even a sauna could be BAD news!
Thank you Sir.
Thanks for the advice, I did a Hocatt sauna a few days ago, but I will forget that idea, I just went to Thermopolis to soak my tired legs in the mineral hots springs , but they were closed, maybe God is watching over me, and yes one of our wonderful members got the picture posted.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice.

That would be me. You sent me a couple videos. I’ll see if I can figure out how to post. No promises. I also have the pics of you after you went down if you want them posted let me know

Hey Jody, yes please post anything you can get to go, it was a great experience to be shared with all who have an interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eric2486

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe