KYRGYZSTAN: Hunt With Arpa Marco Polo LTD

Well done - what a great report. Thank you for posting! Certainly a bucket list hunt for sure.

15 and the wind blowing crossing a river? :Penguin: I had to put my flannel shirt on reading it.:Cold: Hope you get to go back and get your sheep. Fantastic hunt report.

Last edited:
That was so well written, and you are one tough gomer, so impressed!

A great adventure, Bill, really enjoyed reading it !

Pity you did not get your Marco Polo, you deserved it.

I would just like to say "thank you" to all the hunters for giving me encouraging comments about my report and my hunt. My non-hunting friends could not understand what this took out of me, financially, physically and emotionally. But fellow hunters making comments here have convinced me to go back. It has taken over a month to come to this decision, and fully commit. Instead of slipping quietly into senility, now I must spend at least 500 hours in the gym, fire a couple thousand rounds, and save up money over the next year for October, 2016 in Kyrgyzstan. And I am stoked...........................again, thanx for the kind words.......................................Bill

Awesome, glad to hear your going back, I envy you Bill, even though I just got back from my second hunt in Kyrgyzstan I would love to go back, the non hunter will never understand the work that goes into this hunt. The motivation to prepare for an extreme hunt is what keeps us Gomers pushing forward. I am planning my what's next hunt. Looking forward to another report of a successful experience.

Go GOMER!!!

I am thrilled that you are going back. Having been about 2 yrs ago I understand a lot of what you went through. They take horses places they shouldn't go. I had pucker marks on my saddle. If my knees were better I'd try to go with you..... I have wondered a number of times about your trip. So sorry you didn't get one.
I had an assistant guide that spoke English. He rarely engaged me in conversation. I can feel your sense of isolation from not talking to others. I am a little surprised that you didn't see more sheep. I sometimes saw over 50 per day. It's a harsh unforgiving environment. Truly one of the worlds best adventure hunts. I still hope to go again. Thanks for writing. Pure genus. Bruce

Well hunted and great report! It could have been worse - you might have shot your sheep on the first day:A Clapping:
When you get your trophy in 2016, it will have been very well-earned and deserved!

An absolute HONOUR to read your story, Sir Gomer!! I too am in that same league, yet even at 5yrs younger than yourself, I doubt that I would be able to make that hunt and survive!!

I will be pulling for you, as a hunter, conservationist and kindred spirit.

Bruce. Thanks. I must say that your earlier post suggesting "trigger time" helped me prepare. I was not shooting well, always looking....trying too hard.... for a tight group, and you suggested TT. I shot a lot, and forgot the group size, and after lots of Trigger Time, every load began to shoot well. I then realized it was me that needed tuning, not the load or rifle............my thanks....................................Bill

Bill you have penned a great report. If finances ever allow it is one hunt I would like to do. The altitude, temperature, weather and terrain will all help take it out of you. You did well to stay with your guides. Just remember the Man from Snowy River was much younger.(y)

Mr Flatwater Bill.
I have been begging for real writing for years. I don't know what you do for money in real life, but I do know that I would love to read more of your stories. I gave up on Field and Stream, Outdoor Life, and Sports Afield years ago because they left the adventure story behind and inserted advertisements for X rifle or Y brand of bullet or what-ever brand that was footing the bill. This story made me laugh and anticipate what was to be found around the next corner. To that, I raise my glass and say thank you for taking the time to write this up. I hope to read more of you writing in the future... along with a photo of a beautiful dead ram.
Regards from Oregon,
Ruttinbull

I agree; your writing style of clear language conveyed without embellishment is like a buffet of various delicacies, each sentence a treat! Greatly enjoyed!

Thanks for the report from a part of the world not many of us will never get to. Best of luck on your return visit!

Your story was better than anything I have watched on the outdoor channel in years! You should be writing for African hunter this is why I love this group! Please have another great adventure so we can hear about it that last tale was great!

A most excellent story!!!!!! Thank you.

Unbelievable Sir, wow only in my dreams. Good for you don't stop keep the Adventures going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyinglazyt

Latest posts