kruger or victoria falls

62flint

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
SA
Heading back to LImpopo june 2025, Did a 4 day kruger trip last year.
Trying to decide on a Victoria falls / tiger fishing or kruger trip. I would think the tiger fishing would be a bit slow in june/july.
I really enjoyed the kruger trip, maybe I could just go see a differnet part of the park this trip.

Kruger.....

Tiger Fishing is best when the month has a “R” in it.

If our clients finish early we offer them Vic Falls. Since none of our clients are interested in expensive helicopter rides or bungie jumping.
One to two days is the longest any of them want to visit the falls.

Airport very gun friendly. 20 minutes falls to airport.

Lon

Ja, Vic falls is max 2 days and not sure timing is right for tiger fishing...
I would go for Sabi sand in Kruger, weather and temperature is going to be perfect!

Good day mr @62flint.
Kruger Park is always a good choice, it all depends on which area of Kruger Park did you see on your previous trip.
North or South?
And what main camps did you stay in, the smaller more private camps is so much better not so much people as some of the main camps.

We offer Kruger Park trips, together with the hunting, our hunting area is a 25 min drive from Orpen Gate.
If you’d be interested in planning a Kruger Park trip, will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards
Derian

I've never been to Kruger but Vic Falls we visited 2 years ago. It was fantastic, the previous comment about 2 days being enough is spot on. Hopefully they have the panhandling under control,.....when we were there, it was at a very highly annoying level.

Victoria Falls and maybe a jaunt to Mana Pools

I was not.impressed by Kruger but if somebody happens to go, I need the Elephant on the big Five wine set lol. Silver engraving

20240606_151903.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You drunk it didn’t you…..but really you told everyone you dropped it;):ROFLMAO:
We couldnt find the matching elephant in any of the gift shops we stopped in.

Heading back to LImpopo june 2025, Did a 4 day kruger trip last year.
Trying to decide on a Victoria falls / tiger fishing or kruger trip. I would think the tiger fishing would be a bit slow in june/july.
I really enjoyed the kruger trip, maybe I could just go see a differnet part of the park this trip.
Tiger fishing probably won't be good then, but a trip to see Vic Falls and Chobe National Park is well worth the time. We stayed at A'Zambezi in 2022. Nice hotel. They say Victoria Falls Hotel is really good, but it was booked for the time we were going to be there. Talk to Jennifer Ginn at Travel Express. She's great at figuring these things out.

I'd say go somewhere new (VF), even if you can't fish it's worth seeing! Sunset cruises, a few good places to eat, the park itself, curio shopping, day trips to Chobe and caprivi alos. Its a good time for a few days

Totally agree with @cpr0312 above! Vic Falls is phenomenal!! He and I went with Jacques Spamer of @JKOSafaris after an amazing hunt on the shores of Lake Kariba in fall 2019. Be sure to eat at the Three Monkeys restaurant and bar as we as take a river cruise (ie, “booze cruise” lol). Also- having a drink at Livingstone’s bar is a must! I was the only one dumb enough to bungee jump off the bridge haha!
IMG_2788.JPG

M
Victoria Falls and maybe a jaunt to Mana Pools
Mana pools is Magic. Liesl and myself spent over 2 months in Mana pools. Every day was a new adventure, some I would rather not relive. I would have my ashes dumped there except for the corrugated road.

Lon

Totally agree with @cpr0312 above! Vic Falls is phenomenal!! He and I went with Jacques Spamer of @JKOSafaris after an amazing hunt on the shores of Lake Kariba in fall 2019. Be sure to eat at the Three Monkeys restaurant and bar as we as take a river cruise (ie, “booze cruise” lol). Also- having a drink at Livingstone’s bar is a must! I was the only one dumb enough to bungee jump off the bridge haha! View attachment 611818
When you visit the three monkeys, try the Tomahawk steak.

When I was in the hospital in RSA the whole the staff did a get well video.

Reservations are required most evening's now.

Lon

If going to VF take the morning cruise, more wildlife to see. My daughter stayed a month in VF. Pure Africa was her favorite

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlaughl747

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.