Robertson (Boss) shotgun

LES7

AH veteran
Reaction score
Breaking up a previous multi gun listing into single listings

John Robertson (Boss) 12ga sxs boxlock ejector. Serial # 6689 or 6899 ? Early 1900’s. It’s tight as new and beautiful for its age. 30” barrels, 14” LOP. Neutral cast. I do have 2-1/2” no 5 and no 6 shot which is equivalent to US 6 or 7 shot included shipped to your home address. $5000.00 OBO

IMG_0556.jpeg
IMG_0557.jpeg
IMG_0558.jpeg
IMG_0560.jpeg
IMG_0561.jpeg
IMG_0562.jpeg
IMG_0563.jpeg
IMG_0565.jpeg
IMG_0566.jpeg
IMG_0567.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! The best name from the golden age of Boss..................IMO the finest shotgun maker ever...........someone will be proud of this gun....................FWB

It looks like it has been reproofed at some point. Any idea why this was necessary? Are the bores still at .729" (which is nominal) and what are the barrel thickness?

It looks like it has been reproofed at some point. Any idea why this was necessary? Are the bores still at .729" (which is nominal) and what are the barrel thickness?
I’ll snag some calipers from work and let you know in the next couple days

Yes I noticed that too . Looks like a Birmingham Proof ( makes sense as that was where it was made ) with a London Proof over the top . From the Birmingham proof marks I think it was made between 1925–1954 . It is a lovely gun .

Yes I noticed that too . Looks like a Birmingham Proof ( makes sense as that was where it was made ) with a London Proof over the top . From the Birmingham proof marks I think it was made between 1925–1954 . It is a lovely gun .
I’m not sure about proof marks and dates, but I read that the Dover st address was 1908-30 time frame?

I’m not sure about proof marks and dates, but I read that the Dover st address was 1908-30 time frame?
There is a very helpful article by Diggory Hadoke in The Vintage Gun Journal ( an online publication ) about how to read proof marks and how they can help date when a gun was made .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anibal67M7

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.