Kris Kristofferson Died Today

I met him in the fall of 2005 at a bbq picnic for parents and freshmen students at Pepperdine University. His son and my daughter were both new freshmen. Spoke with him briefly, seemed like a friendly and down to earth person, he must have been about 70 at the time. RIP

Not really a fan of country music, but liked his singing and acting. Also wrote great songs.

May he rest in peace.

He also boxed Golden Gloves,
Loved his music
RIP

My infamous cousin Cactus Joe (Blue Diamond Nursery) in Vegas, once in his younger years "lost" his 4 y/o daughter at a Kris Kristofferson concert. Kristofferson came through the crowd with the little girl in tow and ask joe if he has lost her. They had a brief conversation, and Kristofferson went back to the stage.

Rhodes Scholar, Airborne Ranger qualified, US Army aviator, commercial chopper pilot out of South Louisiana, country western song writer and singer, and award winning actor. They don't make his type much any longer.

Among a host of other songs - Me and Bobby McGee as performed by Janis Joplin

And of course with "The Highwaymen" recorded and performed with Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and Waylon Jennings

@Red Leg
And don't forget one of the best truck movies ever made
CONVOY
Quack, quack. Kris, Just crash the pearly gates at 98 and let that trucker roll.
Condolences to his family.
Bob

@Red Leg
And don't forget one of the best truck movies ever made
CONVOY
Quack, quack. Kris, Just crash the pearly gates at 98 and let that trucker roll.
Condolences to his family.
Bob

Along with a cute Ali MacGraw. Most don't realize it was directed by Sam Peckinpah - not his usual bloody fare.

Not really a fan of country music, but liked his singing and acting. Also wrote great songs.

May he rest in peace.
@Nyati
You must like western music because there's only two types of music in my world country and western.
Bob

Along with a cute Ali MacGraw. Most don't realize it was directed by Sam Peckinpah - not his usual bloody fare.
@Red Leg
Ali was sure cute.
@Inline6 being a Cummins nut but may be interested to know a friend of mine sold the Mack used in the movie. Motor was an inline six Commins big cam 350 teamed with a road ranger box and mack diffs. Capable of ninety miles an hour plus a bit.
Bob

Along with a cute Ali MacGraw.

I was young when that came out

Mrs McGraw (Faith Hill) is more likely to get my attention. Pretty and talented.

I was not aware of his military career or Rhodes Scholar. Only knew he was a great country Icon and actor. May he rest in peace.

I believe he was offered a teaching position at West Point, he may have taken it before he left the army. It’s been a while so I may be wrong.

There may be some info in the documentary. There is certainly reference to his military career and Pilot role and the timeline of his career.
I think was a songwriter who underestimated his singing ability and later came to realise he was talented in both.

His dad was in the US Army Air Corps and then in the newly created US Air Force, reaching the rank of Major General. I don’t think his dad was too crazy about
Kris resigning his commission to become a singer songwriter.

Kristofferson certainly had an interesting life. Rhodes Scholar to Ranger to janitor to stardom. Fantastic lyricist and composer with an average voice endeared by the masses.

Off all his songs, this one speaks to me the most.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChandaTanc

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.