Kris Kristofferson Died Today

I met him in the fall of 2005 at a bbq picnic for parents and freshmen students at Pepperdine University. His son and my daughter were both new freshmen. Spoke with him briefly, seemed like a friendly and down to earth person, he must have been about 70 at the time. RIP

I always liked him in movies. I think he was better at acting and song writing than singing.

Not really a fan of country music, but liked his singing and acting. Also wrote great songs.

May he rest in peace.

One of my favorite performances by Kris Kristofferson was when he played a Border Patrol agent opposite Treat Williams in "Flashpoint". May both of those great talents RIP.

He also boxed Golden Gloves,
Loved his music
RIP

My infamous cousin Cactus Joe (Blue Diamond Nursery) in Vegas, once in his younger years "lost" his 4 y/o daughter at a Kris Kristofferson concert. Kristofferson came through the crowd with the little girl in tow and ask joe if he has lost her. They had a brief conversation, and Kristofferson went back to the stage.

Rhodes Scholar, Airborne Ranger qualified, US Army aviator, commercial chopper pilot out of South Louisiana, country western song writer and singer, and award winning actor. They don't make his type much any longer.

Among a host of other songs - Me and Bobby McGee as performed by Janis Joplin

And of course with "The Highwaymen" recorded and performed with Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and Waylon Jennings

@Red Leg
And don't forget one of the best truck movies ever made
CONVOY
Quack, quack. Kris, Just crash the pearly gates at 98 and let that trucker roll.
Condolences to his family.
Bob

@Red Leg
And don't forget one of the best truck movies ever made
CONVOY
Quack, quack. Kris, Just crash the pearly gates at 98 and let that trucker roll.
Condolences to his family.
Bob

Along with a cute Ali MacGraw. Most don't realize it was directed by Sam Peckinpah - not his usual bloody fare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineWa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]