Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Hungary, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Rhodes Scholar, Airborne Ranger qualified, US Army aviator, commercial chopper pilot out of South Louisiana, country western song writer and singer, and award winning actor. They don't make his type much any longer.

Among a host of other songs - Me and Bobby McGee as performed by Janis Joplin

And of course with "The Highwaymen" recorded and performed with Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and Waylon Jennings

Condolences to his family, friends, and fans.
May he Rest In Peace.

Rhodes Scholar, Airborne Ranger qualified, US Army aviator, commercial chopper pilot out of South Louisiana, country western song writer and singer, and award winning actor. They don't make his type much any longer.

And of course with "The Highwaymen" recorded and performed with Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and Waylon Jennings

Really enjoyed his music and songs over the years. Took my first real girlfriend to see the movie "The Sailor that Fell from Grace With the Sea". Sarah Miles co-starred.

He will be missed greatly. "Why me" is one of my all-time time favorites by Chris.

Thanks @RedLeg for a proper remembrance of Kris Kristofferson.

The video of Kris with my country music heroes, Johnny, Waylon, and Willie , “ The Highway Men” in my mind, is fitting.

We can only pray that the next generations will appreciate these men, poets, and scholars for years to come.

That’s sad.
I enjoy the Music of The Highwaymen. I think this leaves one.
On a documentary I saw Kris Kristoffersen was portrayed as being the only one who let’s say looked after himself and didn’t have any vices.
Another legend has passed. I guess it’s the way of life but a great loss just the same.

A life well lived. “I’ll always be around and around and around and around and around and around.”

A very accomplished man. Singer, songwriter, musician, and actor.
The outlaw genre of music from the Highwaymen will live forever.

Someone said Kris was the most interesting man in the world...based on the Dos Equis commercial. He was certainly a man of many talents and experiences.
Unknown.jpeg

Very sad news. He was one of the few real original country artists IMO. The only "highwayman" left is Willie. RIP Kris.

I remember I was in Jr. High school in 1976 when "A star is born" came out. It lost out to "Rocky" as the highest grossing film of the year. Kristofferson did win a golden globe award

Bummer. I liked the man and his performances in music and film... especially Heaven's Gate. Rest easy partner.

I remember I was in Jr. High school in 1976 when "A star is born" came out. It lost out to "Rocky" as the highest grossing film of the year. Kristofferson did win a golden globe award
A great man passes but the legend lives on.

I was not aware of his military career or Rhodes Scholar. Only knew he was a great country Icon and actor. May he rest in peace.

I believe he was offered a teaching position at West Point, he may have taken it before he left the army. It’s been a while so I may be wrong.

I believe he was offered a teaching position at West Point, he may have taken it before he left the army. It’s been a while so I may be wrong.
There may be some info in the documentary. There is certainly reference to his military career and Pilot role and the timeline of his career.
I think was a songwriter who underestimated his singing ability and later came to realise he was talented in both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duhocnhatbannubisu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?