KMG Hunting Safaris 2024 Season Photos

Some incredible Red Hartebeest have been coming out this past season. Another monster bull for our hunter.

20240413_121018.jpg

A picture paints a thousand words! Great 52" Cape Kudu bull for our hunter. We are very blessed to hunt some incredible country. Whether in our free range or managed areas, I wouldn't swap the Eastern Cape for anything.

20240414_080740.jpg

Cant be better for all team to get such great old bull. It was best lottery prize to start and continue to hunt with Marius since 2014

I always find great pride when my PH'S get our hunters onto these past their prime animals. This nyala bull surely would not have made it past the end of this season. Not a single tooth left in its mouth. Hard to believe how he could still browse with what he had. Just simply a magnificent specimen to take which exemplifies what conservation through hunting means.

20240417_085534.jpg

20240417_084734.jpg

Our 2024 season got away with a bang during this past March. First bit of break that we have had in order to try and catch up and share some photos of some great animals that have come through. Happy to share some of the experiences and wonderful animals pursued in successful and unsuccessful stalks. Here we go!

What a way to start the season with this beautiful Nyala, taken on a very slow stalk. Leaving my tracker in a position to guide us in with a radio, we managed to close the distance on this old bull to a mere 80 yards. Initially starting to feed away from us, as we started to try and find a better position, we spotted him coming back. Stopped him in a yard's open space through the brush. Notice the rounded tips and polished side of the horns.

View attachment 609053

View attachment 609054
WOW!!! Incredible Nyala!!!!!

The photo on this Mountain Reedbuck simply does not do it justice. Getting a good photo of an animal that has a curve in the horn is a challenging feat, as a straight on photo doesn't show you the hooks, and a side on photo doesn't really capture the length.

This ram had great secondary growth, being past his prime, with the added benefit of length as well. Often you lose some length on males that has spent time wearing their horns down. This ram was a little bit over 8.5".

20240418_083823.jpg

For a good chance at a Caracal, one needs to have the right conditions. Moisture on the ground aids the hounds immensely. As can be seen in the background here, this misty, wet morning is all that was needed for the hounds to work their magic. A track was cut by the hounds which resulted on the spectacular double on these Caracal. They are incredibly beautiful, yet so destructive. Keeping their numbers in check are imperative to the population of the small game in the area.

20240415_132644.jpg

20240415_132809.jpg

Personally, I have always found the Roan antelope to be more vivid that the Sable antelope. This beautiful bull was taken by our hunter after spotting him coming out of a riverbed to sun himself. The bull started feeding, which allowed us to circle around and get in front of him. With the sun at our backs, and just peaking over the hill where we had descended from, we were able to stick to the shadows and close the distance. The wind wasn't great, but we would need to take the shot before he got level with us, otherwise risk the chance of getting winded. With the bull feeding on his own time, it allowed us to have a relaxed set up.
The photo from behind shows off some secondary growth forming on the bases. They are simply breathtaking.

IMG_20240528_170106.jpg

IMG_20240528_170119.jpg

Last year I had the pleasure of hunting with a fine gentleman. What dumbfounded me was that the best of the best animals seemed to stand in front of him. Every single one of them. During last year's season, he took this great Bushbuck at a mere 22 yards after we stalked around. I left my tracker at a vantage point with a radio in order to guide us in. We knew that it would be close. Just not that close.
IMG20230411131836.jpg

He booked another safari with his friend and lovely bride for the 2024 season. Main target, the Roan Antelope posted in the previous photo. On his list was also a Blue Duiker and another Bushbuck. Dale ensured me that he wasn't expecting another ram like the one he got during the previous year and that he would be happy with an old warrior Bushbuck ram. I concurred that it was a wise way of looking at hunting, especially with the quality of ram that he got the previous year. Then we ran into this sod. Incredible.

IMG_20240528_170024.jpg

Dale had his heart set on a Blue Duiker. One of his conditions was that he wanted to hunt it with his .22 Hornet. He loaded the Hornet with Barnes TSX. The first day, we sat from around 14:00 until dark. With strong winds, it made things challenging. I held high hopes as I felt that we were relatively sheltered. We had a few monkeys come in, with a Blue Duiker ewe appearing. I always enjoy the females coming in, as it gives my hunters the chance to watch them react and how they carry themselves in the underbrush. Another individual appeared, but by this time, I couldn't even sex the animal at 15 yards. We decided to call it and make the long drive back home with plan to be back in the morning. After getting to the blind at around 08:00, we might have been in there for about 10 minutes when the first Blue Duiker arrived. It was a young female coming for a drink. Roughly 5 minutes later, I spotted some more movement through the underbrush coming in on a mission. It was the unmistakable features of an excellent ram. We allowed him to settle down for a minute or so and give us a good angle before taking the shot. This is a very good ram.

IMG_20240528_170041.jpg

Nice Waterbuck bull for our hunter! Things don't always go to plan when hunting. That's when you need good dogs... :giggle:

20240503_084654.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshlyChamp

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg