Joined the Double Club Now

Congrats on the new add! Looks nice!

I have been shooting my 458 Lott quite a lot. I don’t think it will be any worse than the 500 Jeff I just sold was. I shot this gun before we sealed the deal. Not bad as long as you are standing but on the bench is a different story.
That’s true!

Very beautiful rifle Mark! One day I’ll join you in your special double club ;)

Ok guys need some opinions from the double guys.
I finally got out to range today with the VC. It is regulated with Norma ammo according to the paperwork and target. I have some of it ordered but not in yet. In the mean time I got some Federal 570 gr Aframes and started shooting it. I mounted a Kahles red dot on it.
What do you all consider acceptable accuracy for a double? Here are two targets I fired when shooting the Federals today at 50 yards. Second target is two shots from left and right barrel.
First target is 6 shots 3 from left 3 from right. I shot these standing, not sitting , using a Uncle Buds Bull Bag for a rest. Widest spread is 2 3/4 inches.
What is your opinions on it please. Double rifles are new to me.
The Federal ammo is easier to find than the Norma for me also.
IMG_1557.JPG
IMG_1551.JPG

Everything looks good. Go hunt with your rifle and have fun. i would hunt with it all day long and twice on sunday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CherieBatt

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia