Reloading die set
Hornady heads solids box of 50

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-02 at 6.18.33 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-02 at 6.18.34 PM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-02 at 6.18.37 PM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-02 at 6.33.02 PM (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-02 at 6.33.01 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-02 at 6.18.35 PM.jpeg

Might want to include a price. Expect a lot of questions given you’re a new member.
+1

Additionally...how about some backstory? How was the rifle used? Why are you selling it? When was it made? How does it shoot? Any dings, dents, scratches...etc? Need a little more info than what you gave here.

Last edited:
+1
What is the story on this? Need a LOT more information here ..

Hi Guys, understand the queries ! FWIW , I'm a long time lurker and occasional poster. I had to re-register as my old email address ([redacted]) was no longer available to me.

I will add all the details here asap and respond directly to all those whom have messaged asap !

Thanks for all the interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
And his user name is “69” if you catch the joke.

Interested if a legit sale, where is it at, how old is it, whats the LOP, does it have a scope or scope rings, whats the price, etc, etc.
Actually 42 - the answer to life, the universe and everything if you use base 13 maths ;)

Will get all the info up asap, but likely only this afternoon guys. Tied up this morning.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, understand the queries ! FWIW , I'm a long time lurker and occasional poster. I had to re-register as my old email address ([redacted]) was no longer available to me.

I will add all the details here asap and respond directly to all those whom have messaged asap !

Thanks for all the interest.
Hi @6x9base13, Your private information was removed from your post for privacy reasons. If you want to provide someone your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system, thank you.

As per our posting guidelines:
It is not okay to post your own personal information or post links to your personal information, including but not limited to email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses or identification numbers. If you want to provide someone else your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system.

@6x9base13 as per the rules of the Classifieds: For sale threads must have a price listed.

Hi Guys,

A bit of self-sabotage there on the first post. Being a slightly reluctant seller , I put up the bare minimum of info so I could tell myself there is no interest and keep it :ROFLMAO: . Any way the response has been overwhelming !

More details as requested :
  • Build was completed – November 2015 ( in writing from John Rigby co)
  • Trigger 0.12mm to fire , 360 mm trigger to butt end
  • No rings or scope, was used and intended for big game
  • Seen one hunt and 4 outings to the range
  • Nothing you could call a ding or scratch – small usage marks , metal work is perfect. I suggest those interested view in person if possible (Can meet at BlueGum valley gun range and empty some cases for reloading later) , or send a person you trust if not local. Can also take it to a local dealer (East Rand, Gauteng) if you want it appraised.
  • History : Was my father in laws, he’s not into the big game hunting any more. I bought it to keep it in the family – I mean .416 and Rigby the stuff childhood dreams are made of ! I too however really don’t have a need for the calibre.
  • Reason for selling : Besides not needing one , it was thought of more as an investment , but the cash could be better used at the moment.

Thanks for all the interest. All those who have been in contact – I will reply to each one individually now in the order you contacted me. I have at least 15 enquiries , so please be a little patient , I will respond asap.

For fairness, I will give everybody an opportunity in the order you contacted me.

Price ? We’ll I’m in it with all the bits for R265K. I have no idea what the market is like , most of our dealings are with family, friends and closer acquittances usually. This however being a specialized beast needs to leave the circle. I trust that within this community, we’ll find a price that is fair for buyer and seller.

So with current exchange rate about $19,000 US

So with current exchange rate about $19,000 US
Hi Rare Breed , not quite ZAR16.8 to 1USD so around USD15.7K.

As mentioned I'm sure a fair price could be found, so all offers will be consider.

Edit to add - that rate is today, who knows what tomorrow brings. Most big world events end with the ZAR suffering.

Last edited:
Mmm, can't edit my last post for some reason. Wanted to edit and add that by fair price for buyer and seller I mean all offers will be considered. I know times have changed.

Hi Guys,

A bit of self-sabotage there on the first post. Being a slightly reluctant seller , I put up the bare minimum of info so I could tell myself there is no interest and keep it :ROFLMAO: . Any way the response has been overwhelming !

More details as requested :
  • Build was completed – November 2015 ( in writing from John Rigby co)
  • Trigger 0.12mm to fire , 360 mm trigger to butt end
  • No rings or scope, was used and intended for big game
  • Seen one hunt and 4 outings to the range
  • Nothing you could call a ding or scratch – small usage marks , metal work is perfect. I suggest those interested view in person if possible (Can meet at BlueGum valley gun range and empty some cases for reloading later) , or send a person you trust if not local. Can also take it to a local dealer (East Rand, Gauteng) if you want it appraised.
  • History : Was my father in laws, he’s not into the big game hunting any more. I bought it to keep it in the family – I mean .416 and Rigby the stuff childhood dreams are made of ! I too however really don’t have a need for the calibre.
  • Reason for selling : Besides not needing one , it was thought of more as an investment , but the cash could be better used at the moment.

Thanks for all the interest. All those who have been in contact – I will reply to each one individually now in the order you contacted me. I have at least 15 enquiries , so please be a little patient , I will respond asap.

For fairness, I will give everybody an opportunity in the order you contacted me.

Price ? We’ll I’m in it with all the bits for R265K. I have no idea what the market is like , most of our dealings are with family, friends and closer acquittances usually. This however being a specialized beast needs to leave the circle. I trust that within this community, we’ll find a price that is fair for buyer and seller.

You could have saved yourself a lot of correspondence and private messages had you started off by saying its located in South Africa. Regarding condition, its a very serviceable firearm but there are many scratches and gouges on the gun from normal use visible in the pictures so you need to be very careful of using terms like “nothing you could call a ding” and terms like “flawless metal”. It is what a price book would call 90% at best case condition (95% is near mint, 98% is flawless, never shot nor handled, without box/papers, 100% is still sealed in its box never handled) when it comes to assigning a price to it, although pricebooks cater to the value in the USA or the UK whereas your local conditions in RSA may make the price higher or lower. 90% condition rifles are typically worth 80% of MSRP. Put another way since you don’t have a price in mind, I suspect its worth $10,000 USD +/- 10% unless there is some barrier to buying a brand new one from Rigby in RSA in which case it may carry a scarcity premium.

It’s a very nice rifle and I was quite interested in it myself had it been Stateside. There are many RSA members of this forum and I’m sure it will command solid interest from fellow Africans. Good luck with your sale.

You could have saved yourself a lot of correspondence and private messages had you started off by saying its located in South Africa. Regarding condition, its a very serviceable firearm but there are many scratches and gouges on the gun from normal use visible in the pictures so you need to be very careful of using terms like “nothing you could call a ding” and terms like “flawless metal”. It is what a price book would call 90% at best case condition (95% is near mint, 98% is flawless, never shot nor handled, without box/papers, 100% is still sealed in its box never handled) when it comes to assigning a price to it, although pricebooks cater to the value in the USA or the UK whereas your local conditions in RSA may make the price higher or lower. 90% condition rifles are typically worth 80% of MSRP. Put another way since you don’t have a price in mind, I suspect its worth $10,000 USD +/- 10% unless there is some barrier to buying a brand new one from Rigby in RSA in which case it may carry a scarcity premium.

It’s a very nice rifle and I was quite interested in it myself had it been Stateside. There are many RSA members of this forum and I’m sure it will command solid interest from fellow Africans. Good luck with your sale.
Thank you very much for the input. As you can see we're not used to selling on forums.

With out selling myself short, I fully understand we're not going to see what we put in back. I appreciate input on condition and grading.

Thank you very much for the input. As you can see we're not used to selling on forums.

With out selling myself short, I fully understand we're not going to see what we put in back. I appreciate input on condition and grading.

@6x9base13 the good news is its one of the most respected safari rifles you could own at present. With your willingness to allow a buyer to see it and test fire it in person, its going to sell on this forum very easy if you price it correctly. Your comments suggest you’re going to do just that and I bet its sold on this forum in a week or less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deo

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.