Issac Hollis & Sons Double 9.3x74R

The rifle is proofed for a 400/360. Was it rechambered and reproofed for the 9.3x74R?

Were the barrels rebored for a .366" bullet? I ask because the bullet for the 400/360 is a 0.358" bullet.
Not sure where you got that idea, the 400/350NE is .358 most of the 400/360s are over that.

I think at least three 400/360NE developed, many were right at .365-366 & lots were rechambered to 9.3x74.

My Westley Richards 400/360NE is right on 360-361 so it couldn’t be done & it was regulated with 314gr bullets.

This is a fine rifle & being repoofed in England adds to it I’d say ?

I want this one bad! Unfortunately my wife would put two and two together if $6000 came up missing, and this showed up.

Good god man have some respect......just stop it.....You ship to the UK(y)(y):A Outta::ROFLMAO:
Just kidding but really I cant see why this hasnt gone:rolleyes:

Me either if I hadn’t just bought. 500NE I would have been after it someone will get a real deal

Shot the gun a few more times the right barrel failed to eject once. Was shooting some cheap rws I had maybe it was that? Previous owner said never had that problem. Let move this need to put deposit on a hunt. 5k buys it.

Nice rifle.

How is the engraving? I can’t tell from the photos.

When the right barrel didn’t eject, was the case stuck or did it pop out with a light tap from a rod? Are the chambers slick or slightly rough?

Thank you

Unfortunate as it detracts from the originality in my opinion. Still a very fine piece.
All of those old doubles have the importers stamp somewhere on the gun

Does this double rifle have importer stamp and is it under the forearm (covered by forearm) or visible.

Does this double rifle have importer stamp and is it under the forearm (covered by forearm) or visible.
I have several old English doubles that were imported from England, and every one of them has an importers stamp. They are hidden and unless you break the gun down you can't see it

Don't overthink it, it's nothing

I have several old English doubles that were imported from England, and every one of them has an importers stamp. They are hidden and unless you break the gun down you can't see it

Don't overthink it, it's nothing
@rgsiii is correct. I have a dozen or more SxS shotguns or rifles from before WWll from either the UK or the continent without import stamps. Everyone of them would have been "imported" into this country before the requirement existed. I even have the detailed ordering information from Stateside buyers of a couple of the English SxS's from just before and just after WWI. The guns would have been shipped straight to their homes without import stamps.

A host of fine German shotguns and rifles were shipped or brought home following WWII. Not one of those guns will bear an import mark. They went home in footlockers and duffle bags accompanied by a form authorizing the shipment. I brought back several German guns following my assignment there at the end of 1979. Not one of them was required an import stamp. I was hardly the only American serviceman doing the same.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVWClevela

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]